+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trouble at full time could have been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by R&W Miller View Post
    I hope rufc learn from yesterday. Did nt realize Swansea fans had a bad reputation just wait til Millwall fans and others are in town
    Same thing happened with Millwall fans previously, same corner.

I think Rotherham fans who fancy a ruck go in that stand, ES8.

Definitely could have been avoided.
    Both sets of fans were goading each other all game. It was going to happen when they came into contact because both sets have idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think it was just the nature of a particular flag which was the issue tho I couldnt see it from where I was sat. Any other flags and it prob wunt have been an issue.
    No need to have the flags next to the away fans i carry my 10 foot St George cross to most away games and its usually n the front of the stand not to the side next to away fans or in fact any where near the away fans . As Brin said could have been avoided with a bit of brain power .Plenty of room just tape 3 rows of seats on near the front use them for flags as other clubs do. Swansea were never gunna sell the full allocation .

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    It could have been avoided if we didn't have more than our fair share of moronic fans 😡
    All clubs carry this baggage,I don't think we have any more than others.Take a look at the North Stand at S6.it's full of these morons near the away end.

This was my granddaughter’s first Millers match, my Wednesday fan son-in-law took her and got caught up in the trouble in the SE corner. We met them outside, she was in tears and nervous about coming again.
    He’s taking her to watch the Owls in a couple of weeks and I fear we may have lost a supporter to S6. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    This was my granddaughter’s first Millers match, my Wednesday fan son-in-law took her and got caught up in the trouble in the SE corner. We met them outside, she was in tears and nervous about coming again.
    He’s taking her to watch the Owls in a couple of weeks and I fear we may have lost a supporter to S6. :-(
    Loyal, sorry to hear that about your family, hope she's okay. Not to worry too much about her going to swillsbro, she'll soon be asking to come back

All avoidable. At the end of the day, the club got it wrong. Not enough stewards, most watching game rather than fans. They should ensure stewards are capable, and we have enough. Stopping the actions before they start is their job. I'm tired of blaming fans, yes they are at fault but not fully.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Same thing happened with Millwall fans previously, same corner.

I think Rotherham fans who fancy a ruck go in that stand, ES8.
    I was in ES8 and there was no trouble at all. The stand where the trouble was is SE1.

Wigan and Preston fans were pepper sprayed outside and police also wading in with batons

When you hear a bloke in his mid 50s in the pub bragging about his football hooliganism exploits then you know ridding it from the game is going to be nigh on impossible.

Monkey see monkey do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast