+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trouble at full time could have been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The blame doesn’t lie with lack of stewards or their training, segregation netting, flags or the club.
    It lies squarely with the cretins that took part.

Liverpool fans blame everyone apart from themselves all the time. Looks like it’s spreading.

A murderer couldn’t go to court and say that he stabbed someone because there wasn’t a suitable barrier, he was upset by the victims flag or there wasn’t enough security to stop them from murdering.

Find them, ban them for 3 years then only let them back if they make a public apology.
    Agreed. It's a sad truth in todays society. In our obsession with trying to learn why people behave the way they do, we seem to have completely diluted the part that says personal responsibility.

There will always be contributory factors to why anything happens, thats just basic science. But unless someone is medically lacking capacity then the final decision stays with the individual.

So yeah the stewarding may have been slack, there may have been some flags put where they shouldn't be, no coppers inside the ground, too much drinking on an empty head, too much salt in the pies, too much rain in the valleys- whatever. None of it would have happened without the idiots who got involved, not caring if there were young people with families around them to witness their behaviour. Not caring if the objects they indicriminately threw into a crowd hit a child or a pensioner. The fault lies with those people and the sooner we can get them away from our football clubs the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The blame doesn’t lie with lack of stewards or their training, segregation netting, flags or the club.
    It lies squarely with the cretins that took part.

Liverpool fans blame everyone apart from themselves all the time. Looks like it’s spreading.

A murderer couldn’t go to court and say that he stabbed someone because there wasn’t a suitable barrier, he was upset by the victims flag or there wasn’t enough security to stop them from murdering.

Find them, ban them for 3 years then only let them back if they make a public apology.
    The club invite them in, they have to take some responsibility.
    I’m sure they’ll do whatever needs to be done in finding out what happened and will punish accordingly but trying to preventing it in first place especially in family stand would help

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    They felt proud about the number of fans defending the flag. Ok, so take no responsibility for your fans actions.

I wonder if they were proud of the Swansea fans who were intent on causing trouble before this and I suspect some of these fans we’re involved in ‘defending’ the flag as well.

Sounds like a flag ban on the way then.

Best not drop my bottle then at the officials feet

https://t.co/WSKLGq0cSF

I’ve heard the Miller lass v Swansea got a 3 year ban but can’t remember club putting anything, if it’s true then why haven’t they? It needs putting out there surely

Anyway new update from club wonder how many brains came up with that.

@OfficialRUFC
    ·
    1h
    READ | Millers to introduce further measures to ensure supporter safety

To ensure that AESSEAL New York Stadium remains a safe place for everyone, our safety procedures have been reviewed and updated

https://t.co/7qvJMAuHwa

Can we have a water jet? I’ll take charge of it if they want

''On the back of those discussions the club has installed new segregation netting, designed to make encroaching into opposition supporter areas significantly more difficult. As a further measure on that front, there will be an additional stewarding presence in the areas that home and away supporters are in closest proximity''

Just put up two rows or razor sharp wire, that'll stop em......from either side.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234