+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just another day..........

Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    The speed and blatancy of authoritarianism's resurgence in the Free World has been staggering to watch.
    “The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed. -

Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    The speed and blatancy of authoritarianism's resurgence in the Free World has been staggering to watch.
    And frightening, they now know tbey can invoke 'Emergency Measures' under the most ludicrous of pretexts, and they can do as they please.

Today's lunacy, it just keeps coming, Gary Lineker tweeted, "The @Lionesses have only gone and done it, and Kelly is England's heroine, bra none." Just an innocent play on words any normal person would think, but the tw@tterati have gone into meltdown and Gary is up to his neck in the brown, smelly stuff.

"Lineker later declined to say sorry over the message in an exchange with a campaigner. Karen Ingala Smith, chief executive of the Nia charity campaigning against violence aimed at women, had messaged him: "Please apologise for and condemn the s-e-x-ist responses to your now deleted badly judged tweet." Lineker replied: "It was just a play on words given the celebration. I do rubbish like that constantly on here, including on men’s football. I’ve deleted it as many people didn't see the game so missed the context."

You really have to wonder at people like Karen Ingala Smith, does she seriously think Lineker's tweet is going to incite men to physical abuse women ? Why are deluded attention seekers like her even given the opportunity by the media to spout their drivel ? I'm no longer surprised by this onslaught of idiocy, it's just another day in the Lunatic Asylum.

Beam me up Scotty.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Today's lunacy, it just keeps coming, Gary Lineker tweeted, "The @Lionesses have only gone and done it, and Kelly is England's heroine, bra none." Just an innocent play on words any normal person would think, but the tw@tterati have gone into meltdown and Gary is up to his neck in the brown, smelly stuff.

"Lineker later declined to say sorry over the message in an exchange with a campaigner. Karen Ingala Smith, chief executive of the Nia charity campaigning against violence aimed at women, had messaged him: "Please apologise for and condemn the s-e-x-ist responses to your now deleted badly judged tweet." Lineker replied: "It was just a play on words given the celebration. I do rubbish like that constantly on here, including on men’s football. I’ve deleted it as many people didn't see the game so missed the context."

You really have to wonder at people like Karen Ingala Smith, does she seriously think Lineker's tweet is going to incite men to physical abuse women ? Why are deluded attention seekers like her even given the opportunity by the media to spout their drivel ? I'm no longer surprised by this onslaught of idiocy, it's just another day in the Lunatic Asylum.

Beam me up Scotty.
    Gary really missed a trick here. He should just have said that he was dyslexic and couldn't see what she was complaining about.
    There again, he would just have upset another set of people, so he was probably sensible not to add any more fuel to the fire.
    There again, if he had added fuel to the fire it could well have been a fossil fuel and that would have upset another set of folk.
    I could go on and on and on and on..................... I would probably upset someone though.

Sinky ---any room in the asylum?

The point is to force an apology, which will then be taken as an admission of guilt and never accepted.

Never apologize.

I thought when I saw Lineker's comment, I see trouble ahead.

Personally, I'd blame the English girl for getting her tits out for the lads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Steady BT, how do you know it was for the lads? It could well have been for the non-binary crowd who you have now upset by calling them the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Steady BT, how do you know it was for the lads? It could well have been for the non-binary crowd who you have now upset by calling them the lads!
    Never thought of that Supersub6!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

It's quite ironic, I'm sure I read the latest bit of lunacy is to make 'down-blousing' an offence. If us boys can't look down a girlie's blouse, then surely they should make it an offence for the girlies to take their shirts off.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's quite ironic, I'm sure I read the latest bit of lunacy is to make 'down-blousing' an offence. If us boys can't look down a girlie's blouse, then surely they should make it an offence for the girlies to take their shirts off.
    Sinky, the question is ----Will it stop you?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)