+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Just another day..........

"Boris Johnson takes second foreign holiday in a fortnight"

Headline in the Daily Telegraph, and probably other papers as well. It's summer, people go on holiday, is it really worth a whole column, does anyone really care whether Boris is on holiday or not ? Just another day on the lunatic asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Boris Johnson takes second foreign holiday in a fortnight"

Headline in the Daily Telegraph, and probably other papers as well. It's summer, people go on holiday, is it really worth a whole column, does anyone really care whether Boris is on holiday or not ? Just another day on the lunatic asylum.
    He's not in charge. He's redundant. He has a wife and a zillion kids. Give the bloke a break and let him have a holiday. We are off to Norfolk next week, even the proletariat need a rest from life's struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He's not in charge. He's redundant. He has a wife and a zillion kids. Give the bloke a break and let him have a holiday. We are off to Norfolk next week, even the proletariat need a rest from life's struggles.
    Where you off to mon ami, I've played Northumberland out over the last few years, don't tell Sub, and the North Norfolk coast is now my destination of choice.

Where you off to mon ami, I've played Northumberland out over the last few years, don't tell Sub, and the North Norfolk coast is now my destination of choice.
    sinkov, as you know, the fewer intruders we have in Northumberland, the happier the locals will be except, perhaps, those running businesses. You have enjoyed it at its best so go and enjoy Norfolk, particularly the drive along the A17 which is always a joy!

I've decided to stay in Kings Lynn we are off to Ely by train, Norwich by car and the rest we are doing on the free Hopper bus which will eventually get you to Cromer. An itinerary is planned that is already causing the missus some consternation.

Burnham Market, Hunstanton, Blakeney Point, Holkham Beach, Wells-next-the Sea, Sheringham are all to be visited and I've got to be back in time to meet up with my son and grandson in Wigan for a 3 o'clock kick-off!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov, as you know, the fewer intruders we have in Northumberland, the happier the locals will be except, perhaps, those running businesses. You have enjoyed it at its best so go and enjoy Norfolk, particularly the drive along the A17 which is always a joy!
    Budle bay - my little favourite sub right on beach love it up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Bugger, I knew you'd spot it. Still love it up there, but we've been so often in the last few years, the last time we were wondering where to go and what to see that was new during our last couple of days, and you can only spend so long in Border Books before you get fed up with that as well. We'll be back though, before too long.

We stay in the Premier Inn at Boston for a night on our Norfolk trips, avoiding the A17 on the way down, and getting it out of the way before it gets too busy in the morning. There's a nice little Italian restaurant in Boston as well, much better than the rubbish you get in those crappy little restaurants they attach to the Premier Inns.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've decided to stay in Kings Lynn we are off to Ely by train, Norwich by car and the rest we are doing on the free Hopper bus which will eventually get you to Cromer. An itinerary is planned that is already causing the missus some consternation.

Burnham Market, Hunstanton, Blakeney Point, Holkham Beach, Wells-next-the Sea, Sheringham are all to be visited and I've got to be back in time to meet up with my son and grandson in Wigan for a 3 o'clock kick-off!
    I hope you've got plenty of time BT, you don't want to be rushing that lot. My little tip, for what it's worth, spend a bit less time in Wells and more in Sheringham.

I hope you've got plenty of time BT, you don't want to be rushing that lot. My little tip, for what it's worth, spend a bit less time in Wells and more in Sheringham.
    When I was in between my 4th and last ever wife (Mrs BT) I was "seeing" a lass from Bury St Edmunds who got nose bleed coming up north so I used to go down there every fortnight.

The Norfolk and Suffolk coastline offers some of the best places to visit in the UK IMHO mon ami. Sheringham is a place I could happily retire to. I'm busting a gut at the prospect of visiting north Norfolk again.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)