+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Vehicles.

Question Electric Vehicles.

Anybody got one?

Too many bad user reports for me to even consider.

I can't understand how the eco-loons think using coal and gas to make electricity to charge a car makes any environmental sense.

I'm happy to be persuaded otherwise.

Being the owner of many guide dog puppies,the first thing they should do with any vehicle electric or otherwise is fit to them with some sound so the guide dogs and partially sighted owners can at least hear them coming .

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Being the owner of many guide dog puppies,the first thing they should do with any vehicle electric or otherwise is fit to them with some sound so the guide dogs and partially sighted owners can at least hear them coming .
    Not just blind and partially sighted. As a pedestrian one almost got me as I emerged behind a van, ears cocked for an engine, the quick silent approach fooled me into thinking nothing was coming (I was being wary of cyclists). Also as a cyclist they can sneak up behind you too.

I drive one in my job- a Vauxhall Vivaro. It does 200 mile on a full charge. I agree with the comments posted earlier. The acceleration is pretty good, and I once drove right up behind a work colleague and virtually hit him up the backside, it was that silent. It appears to be the way that the authorit,ies want us to go.Not totally sure about that.

A family friend liveing in Ashington decided to pay a visit to his family in Chelmsford along with his wife and two children.
    A journey of 300 miles which normally takes five and a half to six hours with a stop.
    His wife had recently bought an electric car and they decided to go in that in order to do their bit for the environment. Eleven hours later they arrived in Chelmsford.
    They tried various service areas en route to re-charge, however, some were not working, others already had cars plugged in, when they eventually did find somewhere it was a slow charger. He was not impressed at all and, although they had a bit better luck on the way home, it still took them just over 8 hours to complete their journey. This was just three months ago.
    Needless to say, the electric car only gets used for very local trips now.

I also agree with alf about the silent killer in our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Anybody got one?

Too many bad user reports for me to even consider.

I can't understand how the eco-loons think using coal and gas to make electricity to charge a car makes any environmental sense.

I'm happy to be persuaded otherwise.
    Don’t think it’s quite there yet BT nearly got one 3 months back but opted for a petrol as our infrastructure isn’t geared up for it.

Tbh I do a bit of work with council and it is going that way that every house will have chargers but they tell me if it happend as the government said 2025 - we can’t generate enough power to charge them - so the eco loons have it all wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    A family friend liveing in Ashington decided to pay a visit to his family in Chelmsford along with his wife and two children.
    A journey of 300 miles which normally takes five and a half to six hours with a stop.
    His wife had recently bought an electric car and they decided to go in that in order to do their bit for the environment. Eleven hours later they arrived in Chelmsford.
    They tried various service areas en route to re-charge, however, some were not working, others already had cars plugged in, when they eventually did find somewhere it was a slow charger. He was not impressed at all and, although they had a bit better luck on the way home, it still took them just over 8 hours to complete their journey. This was just three months ago.
    Needless to say, the electric car only gets used for very local trips now.

I also agree with alf about the silent killer in our midst.
    I don't understand why anyone would buy one in the first place, let alone attempt to drive from one end of the country to the other in one. You've simply got to be a halfwit to attempt Ashington to Che;msford and back in one.

Thanks chaps, it's a resounding "No" then.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would buy one in the first place, let alone attempt to drive from one end of the country to the other in one. You've simply got to be a halfwit to attempt Ashington to Che;msford and back in one.
    They bought one because his missus works in an opertaing theatre and usually only does short journeys. They decided to give it a try on the long trip, however, Grant is a master of the expletive and he certainly filled up social media with quite a lot. He certainly would not try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    They bought one because his missus works in an opertaing theatre and usually only does short journeys. They decided to give it a try on the long trip, however, Grant is a master of the expletive and he certainly filled up social media with quite a lot. He certainly would not try it again.
    I've read a few journos who have had one loaned for a period, and they've all tried long trips, and they've all said, in effect, feck that for a game of soldiers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)