+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction League 2022/23

Prediction League 2022/23

Thank you for all the ideas and input to help formulate the NEW Prediction League (PL) for the forthcoming season. Some of the last season bonus' have been removed and a new scoring method has been implemented. I've kept it as plain and simple as possible so, easy to follow.

Predictions

1. The Prediction League will run from Saturday 30th July 2022 to Saturday 28th May 2023 and not for a specified number of weeks. If you miss any weeks for any reason, no one can be held accountable for this. This rule applies to everyone who enters before the new season starts so is fair across the board. This decision is final.

2. You will be choosing from 10/10 fixtures like last season. This is an easy concept to work from. Simply mark each game as a home win H, an away win A or a score draw as X

3. The fixtures will be a chosen variation from: The Premiership, Championship, Leagues 1 & 2, National League, Scottish Premiership, FA Cup, Carabao Cup and the World Cup. This is in order to have a full 10 fixtures to choose from all on the same day. Easier to pick from and not running over several days like last season. (No Friday nights or Sunday games some predictors might miss)

4. Midweek fixtures may be used using ALL league and cup games as stated above and again, all on the same night. The reason being, due to the World Cup, the EFL have split many midweek fixtures over Tuesdays and Wednesdays so, other resources will have to be used to make up a set of 10 fixtures.

5. There will be a maximum of 5 draws allowed from your 10 predictions. If you want to gamble each week on 5 draws paying more points then go ahead but, that isn't always the case.

6. Predict a score. This is a new bonus incentive, replacing the old Goal tally bonus, where you are asked to predict the score only, from a randomly selected game. If you predict a correct score draw, this will not mean you get an extra 3 points for the draw.

Hopefully, all the fixtures I post go ahead but, I will not be changing any once I have posted them. This is in case I am not able to make contact with anyone who may well have posted early in the week, and they don't revisit the site until the fixtures have been played on the day and are unable to amend their predictions.

The Scoring of Points:

1. Each fixture now carries a different score. You will now receive 1 point for a home win, 2 points for an away win and 3 points if you predict a draw. This concept allows higher scoring if you successfully predict them correct, thus making the table more competitive.

2. Get all 10/10 predictions correct and you will gain a further 20 bonus points. This is very hard to predict but has been achieved before.

3. Predict a score. Get this correct and you will receive an extra 2 points.

4. The Jokers. Yes, this coming season, two 'Jokers' will be allowed per person. One Joker MUST be played before 1st January 2023. You cannot carry it over to the New Year. Don't use it you lose it! You may play your second Joker anytime after the 1st January 2023 up to the final set of predictions on Saturday 28th May 2023.

This coming season, any Joker played will only have their score applied after all the prediction scores have been tallied. It has been duly noted and deemed unfair that someone playing their Joker, who has a mediocre week can 'pinch' the weekly win bonus off someone who has had a good or great week. In other words you get to double your score playing your Joker but it does not apply to gaining the weekly win bonus should your score finish higher. The Joker only doubles your score and nothing else.

I will keep tabs on a weekly basis who has played their Joker and will look to keep others up to date who haven't so, they don't forget to use them in time.

6. Highest scorer(s) on the day will receive an extra 5 bonus points. This is on predictions only and does not include the Predict a Score bonus.

Last season we had as many as 30 entrants at one point and it would be great if we could match or even better that this time around. I know a lot of you have looked in from time to time but have not taken part. The main thing is it is purely for fun as you pit your skill, wisdom, luck whatever you want to call it against so called fellow Managers/Pundits/ forecasters etc.

It takes all of 5 minutes tops to copy and paste the fixtures and add your predictions and Predict a Score.
    Go on give it a go and look to be the new Prediction League Champion for next season...and as an added incentive, taking the current title off me

I've no idea just how many may wish to enter this coming season but, I will cap it at 50 just in case.....wishful thinking but you never know as this is open to anyone. Good luck to all who do wish to take part, the first set of new fixtures will be posted in due course.

The format will look like this example:

Sat 3rd Sept

Villa v Man City
    Brentford v Leeds Utd
    Brighton v Leicester
    Chelsea v West Ham
    Everton v Liverpool
    Man Utd v Arsenal
    Newcastle v Crystal Palace
    Notts Forest v Bournemouth
    Tottenham v Fulham
    Wolves v Southampton

Predict a score = Weds v Barnsley ? - ?

Thanks Brin.

Prediction League 2022/23

The first table for the 2022/2023 season.

The Results:

Weekly winner(s): We have an early table leader out there on their own, who by the way was the only one of us to hit double digits. Well done to thaimillerfan for scoring 10 prediction points so, he claims the extra 5 bonus points for this.
    Remember, the predict a score bonus points do not count towards this, neither does any Joker that is played.

Predict a score: The new format saw four of you all predict the final score would be 1-1 so in no particular order, Ackworth, rolymiller, HK Miller and Millerstale and all picked up 2 bonus points, well done.

Wooden Spoon(s): Lowest scores on the day who only got 1 point were, LolMorgan, pip_y and ELK. Have to say, ELK does like his spoons throughout a season, maybe this will be his only one?

A shout out to Poddington who thinks he will be no good at this, you scored an equal 2nd place on your first go

The Table:

thaimillerfan = 10+5=15
    millersrus = 8
    Poddington = 8
    rolymiller = 6+2 = 8
    Ackworthmiller = 5+2=7
    Millerstale = 5+2=7
    HK Miller = 4+2 =6
    Nardendee = 6
    Ronners = 6
    Avondalemiller = 5
    CaytonMiller = 5
    CTMilller = 5
    BramleyMiller58 =4
    Brin =4
    CAMiller =4
    clarkey1974 =4
    Grist to the Mill =4
    Millerstime = 4
    Millertop = 4
    FrogMiller = 3
    PattyLallacks = 2
    Ericsladkilnhusrt (ELK) = 1
    LolMorgan = 1
    pip_y =1

Any discrepancies give me a shout and I'll gladly amend.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 31-07-2022 at 02:46 PM.

I’m astounded, but it’ll never last.

You have put table upside down

Quote Originally Posted by poddington View Post
    I’m astounded, but it’ll never last.
    Chin up keep going Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    You have put table upside down
    Keep stirring it pal

The Results:

Four of you scored over 10 points this time around, well done for that.

Weekly winner(s): A very close call but we have a clear winner who scored a very credible 14 predicted points. Well done to Millerstime
    who also collects the extra 5 bonus points.
    Remember, the predict a score bonus points do not count towards this, neither does any Joker that is played.

Predict a score: Five of you predicted the score would be 2-0 so gain the extra two points. In no particular order, Avondale, Thai, Millertop, Millerstime and Poddington!

Wooden Spoon(s): It's a spoon each for BramleyMiller, Cayton, FrogMiller and Ronners for a score of 3 points. Who will be our overall champion spoon collector this season?

A shout out to MillersTime for a great scoring weekend. Not only does he score the highest with 14 points, he gets 2 points for the Predict a score and the extra 5 points for the weekly winner. In all he scooped the lot and scored a great 21 points, which takes him to the top of the table, very well done indeed. Is that it now for the season or, can we expect more like that from him?

The Table:

Millerstime = 4+21=25
    thaimillerfan = 10+5=15+6=21
    millersrus = 8+10=18
    Poddington = 8+10=18
    Millerstale = 5+2=7+10=17
    Grist to the Mill =4+12=16
    Ackworthmiller = 5+2=7+8=15
    Avondalemiller =5+10=15
    CTMilller =5+9=14
    HK Miller = 4+2=6+8=14
    CAMiller =4+9=13
    clarkey1974 =4+9=13
    rolymiller = 6+2=8+5=13
    Ericsladkilnhusrt (ELK) =1+11=12
    Nardendee = 6+6=12
    pip_y =1+11=12
    LolMorgan =1+9=10
    Brin =4+5=9
    Millertop = 4+5=9
    Ronners = 6+3=9
    CaytonMiller =5+3=8
    PattyLallacks =2+6=8
    BramleyMiller58 =4+3=7
    FrogMiller = 3+3=6
    Adventus2012 =4
    Last edited by Brin; 10-08-2022 at 09:12 AM.

I'm doing better than last season

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I'm doing better than last season
    ....yes you are and more importantly, being better in health

Decent start for me. It waint last!

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast