+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Super England Women

Super England Women

Congrats to England. A great tournament and final. England can win tournaments and with style and joy. England men please take note!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Congrats to England. A great tournament and final. England can win tournaments and with style and joy. England men please take note!
    The team has been brilliant and played the game in the way it is supposed to be played. Men' s football in general not just the England mens team need to learn from this. I watched the EFL highlights this morning and so much petulance on display that it makes me not want to watch. Pushing and shoving, kicking the ball away, timewasting. Need I go on.
    So nice to see genuine team spirit as well. And some considerable skill on view as well. A well coached team deserving os success. I suspect there may be more to come

Nearlyc totally agree Timmy. Did you see Tomlin get sent off?
    But surely coaching is irrelevant despite the past credentials of Serina Wiegman.

I thoroughly believe that England women deserved their victory based on their performances throughout the competition. Their showing in the final was not their best, but it was nail biting tension all the time. Germany were often brutal in their tactics, but also dangerous. England`s spirit and determination eventually getting them through for the victory they deserved.

Their mature attitude and discipline in the competition was a shining example and impressed everyone. Watching the EFL games over the weekend only highlighted how childish and petty their game is. Time for them to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    I thoroughly believe that England women deserved their victory based on their performances throughout the competition. Their showing in the final was not their best, but it was nail biting tension all the time. Germany were often brutal in their tactics, but also dangerous. England`s spirit and determination eventually getting them through for the victory they deserved.

Their mature attitude and discipline in the competition was a shining example and impressed everyone. Watching the EFL games over the weekend only highlighted how childish and petty their game is. Time for them to grow up.
    The men's football does the men no favours. I used to be an avid follower of football in the higher divisions but to be honest, my interest is now restricted to our former players and how they are getting on and of course watching the Alex at Gresty Road. Little interest outside of that