+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Alkmaar (h)

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    i dont think he will play our strongest team (on paper) on Thursday.. if he does that means hes rotating out players from Saturday. I think it's more likely he brings in boys like Behich from the start at home to livi than against AZ
    Surely the team he put out on Saturday was, in his opinion, the strongest available team? If his options increase before Thursday and he changes the line up accordingly then that's hardly classed as squad rotation

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Looking forward to this, hopefully not jinxing it but we have a decent enough record at Tannadice even in my time seeing euro ties, a narrow win by AEK the sole home leg defeat upto now, worst result was still 2-2 with mypa from 2-0 up but the was a crap Utd side that snuck in via cup final runner ups... Been unfortunate with our draws since then as every team of ours after would gub a MyPa

United 3-2 Brondby 1993
    United 3-2 Tatran Presov 1994
    United 9-0 CE Principat 1997
    United 1-1 Trabzonspor 1997
    United 2-2 MyPa 47 2005
    United 0-1 AEK Athens 2010
    United 3-2 Slask Wroclaw 2011
    United 2-2 Dynamo Moscow 2012
    Away goals rule no longer in operation either (I think). 🙂

10.15am United: Ticketing system down, bear with us while our partners fix it 🤨

My hope is with big support atmosphere we rise to occasion, play with bit of tempo, they get bit rattled at some stage, and maybe aren’t as good as we think. I’d take a narrow win, draw even, something that keeps us alive second leg.

My fears are, especially after sat, that once game settles down, they dominate possession, we are poor at keeping the ball, and for return leg, if we are pushed back, we have zero pace to counter.

Eh hae a season ticket fir AZ and eh kin tell ye, they are good...but they are better awa fae hame than when they play at hame...and if United kin get a result at hame it puts pressure on AZ and if they start f**king aboot here, the fans will get on thur backs and we hae a chance...thur central defenders are slow as ...

Quote Originally Posted by zeek View Post
    Eh hae a season ticket fir AZ and eh kin tell ye, they are good...but they are better awa fae hame than when they play at hame...and if United kin get a result at hame it puts pressure on AZ and if they start f**king aboot here, the fans will get on thur backs and we hae a chance...thur central defenders are slow as ...
    They'll be struggling against our rapid strikers then. 🤔☹️

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    i dont think he will play our strongest team (on paper) on Thursday.. if he does that means hes rotating out players from Saturday. I think it's more likely he brings in boys like Behich from the start at home to livi than against AZ
    I can’t see us putting out anything but our best 11 for the AZ match on Thursday. Progressing in European competition is the only way to bring in significant extra income other than the crumbs we feed off in Scotland, and it would very foolish for the club not the throw everything they have to achieve success.

Sounds like this is a dream tie for Zeek. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    I can’t see us putting out anything but our best 11 for the AZ match on Thursday. Progressing in European competition is the only way to bring in significant extra income other than the crumbs we feed off in Scotland, and it would very foolish for the club not the throw everything they have to achieve success.
    Yes, 100%<!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yes, 100%<!
    Best 11 on paper, or best 11 in prep for the match? Thats my point, on paper Behich starts... but would he put him straight in for such a massive match?

I agree that he SHOULD play our strongest 11.. i have a feeling some future starters will still be on the bench on Thursday and our starting 11 in a few weeks will look different to what he starts on Thursday.... time will tell.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)