+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Alkmaar (h)

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    First time ive seen the goal from the start, and it is refreshing to see we have a keeper with the vision to quickly find Levitt, who is able to turn and pick out the open Middleton, who has the movement to beat his men, to pass and move into a position to supply such a composed finish!

Suppose it will be back down to earth at the weekend and a huge dose of reality served next week. But at least it was Europe!
    McGrath will have a full 90 minutes under his belt before the 2nd leg and Behich will presumably be available. We've given ourselves a fighting chance. Everyone was bigging them up, yes they're decent but they ain't Real Madrid. We need a plan for next week, sort it Mr Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    McGrath will have a full 90 minutes under his belt before the 2nd leg and Behich will presumably be available. We've given ourselves a fighting chance. Everyone was bigging them up, yes they're decent but they ain't Real Madrid. We need a plan for next week, sort it Mr Ross.
    I dont think McGrath will be given 90 minutes at the weekend as i think he will be needed next week. The reason for that is i think someone, Levitt maybe, took an injury first half and might become doubtful for the next few games. The potential in that midfield of Sibbald, McGrath and Levitt is unbelievable!

I didnt give us a chance for tonight when i saw we were up against a Dutch team, but our players did the biz, and i hope they can take that into next week to see us through!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I dont think McGrath will be given 90 minutes at the weekend as i think he will be needed next week. The reason for that is i think someone, Levitt maybe, took an injury first half and might become doubtful for the next few games. The potential in that midfield of Sibbald, McGrath and Levitt is unbelievable!

I didnt give us a chance for tonight when i saw we were up against a Dutch team, but our players did the biz, and i hope they can take that into next week to see us through!
    It's got to be Sibbald, Levitt and McGrath as our middle 3 on Sunday.

As soon as the game finished tonight hundreds of Arabs joined the Q for the 2nd leg tickets which go on sale today at 10AM.Mark Ogren and Tony come over to speak to the fans.

I was stunned to see Mark Ogren in The Snug last night,he stayed for around half an hour and he seemed very comfortable in the heart of the Arab hordes.

Watched the goal at least 20 times on the BBC page. Goosebumps! Looked and sounded amazing.

What a performance from everyone in Tangerine, absolutely buzzing. Had to drive to work and missed about 20 minutes of the second half (including the goal) and only just found time to post. Wonderful goal and thoroughly deserved. Levitt just gets better and better in my opinion and Tony Watt was immense. Pretty much all of the new additions look good at this stage and I'm genuinely excited to see how this team develops. We'll done Jack and the boys, and especially well done to the magnificent home support, they've ****ing deserved that performance!

This says a lot

AZ only managed to get 0.53 Expected Goals in their UEFA Europa Conference League qualifier against Dundee United, their second-lowest tally in an away game under Pascal Jansen in all competitions.

https://twitter.com/OptaJohan/status...97203366813701

I received a few complimentary messages from Sevco fans last night. Said we played very well and were deserving of our win..also a colleague from France was retweeting clips of the goal saying that it was tremendous play with lots of his French friends commenting the same. I know it is only one game, but that has shown us what standard we are capable of and we should be expecting that on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I received a few complimentary messages from Sevco fans last night. Said we played very well and were deserving of our win..also a colleague from France was retweeting clips of the goal saying that it was tremendous play with lots of his French friends commenting the same. I know it is only one game, but that has shown us what standard we are capable of and we should be expecting that on a regular basis.
    Cue a pumping from Livi at the weekend. 🫣

Queue for tickets now all the way down Neish Street and round corner of DUSA Arena. That is going to be some trip next week!
    Another great Arabs Away occasion!

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)