+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alkmaar (h)

Alkmaar (h)

Forgive the upcoming ramble folks.

European football returns to Tannadice and we've been handed a tasty tie.

If we're to have any chance of progression we need a barnstorming home performance because their passing game will definitely test us in the second leg.

Regardless of the result on Thursday night I'd like to be able to say when we look back the occasion and the test didn't pass us by. All the players need to know that 100% focus and passion is needed. We need to get right at them.

Somehow, we need to find a way to knock them out of their stride, disrupt their confident passing style, and surprise them. A noisy hostile Tannadice could help.

We need to create more, we need more pace and width, so for me that means going 352 but I'm not going to post a lineup until there's news on Behich. Hopefully fit, cleared and available.

Hopefully we turn Tannadice tangerine and roar the team on to a victory. The shed will be noisy throughout the game and if the team put on a show, we are in for a cracking night.

Permit through for Behich and in the squad for Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Good news, now let's get McGrath and Shinnie in before Thursday please

Quote Originally Posted by arabchic View Post
    Hopefully we turn Tannadice tangerine and roar the team on to a victory. The shed will be noisy throughout the game and if the team put on a show, we are in for a cracking night.
    I'm in the Shed for this match, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Great news.

Can see us starting with the same team again, then rotating out a few on Sunday (Mulgrew, McCann, Smith and Harkes out). Most likely to drop out for this game is Cudjoe also maybe a change in formation if so

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Can see us starting with the same team again, then rotating out a few on Sunday (Mulgrew, McCann, Smith and Harkes out). Most likely to drop out for this game is Cudjoe also maybe a change in formation if so
    We are nowhere near good enough to be rotating anyone plus it's the first week of the season where players need games to get match fit. Rest nobody and play our strongest available team in both games. Oh and it's McMann

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    We are nowhere near good enough to be rotating anyone plus it's the first week of the season where players need games to get match fit. Rest nobody and play our strongest available team in both games. Oh and it's McMann
    i dont think he will play our strongest team (on paper) on Thursday.. if he does that means hes rotating out players from Saturday. I think it's more likely he brings in boys like Behich from the start at home to livi than against AZ

Looking forward to this, hopefully not jinxing it but we have a decent enough record at Tannadice even in my time seeing euro ties, a narrow win by AEK the sole home leg defeat upto now, worst result was still 2-2 with mypa from 2-0 up but the was a crap Utd side that snuck in via cup final runner ups... Been unfortunate with our draws since then as every team of ours after would gub a MyPa

United 3-2 Brondby 1993
    United 3-2 Tatran Presov 1994
    United 9-0 CE Principat 1997
    United 1-1 Trabzonspor 1997
    United 2-2 MyPa 47 2005
    United 0-1 AEK Athens 2010
    United 3-2 Slask Wroclaw 2011
    United 2-2 Dynamo Moscow 2012

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)