+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lionesses.

Knowing what the despotic duo is saying to the mini electorate is important IMO. It tells you more about what they are about. If they don't carry through on what they're saying you'll know they are liars. If they do carry thorugh you'll know the country is even more stiffed than it is now.

Truss slating/insulting Nicola Sturgeon has got the Scots right angry and she appears to be doing her best to ensure they gain independence.

Sunak saying human rights are stopping the Tories reaching their objectives. IMO, if that is true, there is something seriously wrong with the objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I remembered it was a dated term, but couldn't remember the new terminology to use. Greater needs = SSN? Sky Sports News! Corss thread away to your hearts content, just don't make me listen to either of those two debating their futures before the masses. Why do we need to listen, we cant vote - take it off mainstream TV, it has no place. PS nobody makes me watch the 100, I didnt last year and wont this year, despite my immense desire to dance on Tick Tock
    Severely Sub Normal...expect that made people feel great! Hardly ‘new terminology’. Replaced with ‘Special Educational Needs’...abbreviated to ‘Special Needs’ or ‘Learning Difficulties’ over 40 years ago.

Fair comment about Truss and Sunak...except that the impact of the decision made by the 200k will be felt by us all.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well you’ve successfully hijacked the thread you disapproved of, GP...and as for ‘ESN’...it stands for Educationally Sub Normal...a term we did away with in the late seventies as it was considered insulting to children with learning difficulties and their parents alike. Those children with greater difficulties were referred to as SSN...I’ll leave you to ponder on that one, but let’s just say the sixties and the seventies seemed particularly lacking in compassion as far as the less fortunate were concerned.

As for the ‘100’ advert...I’ll agree that it’s a great example of ‘dumbing down’, but then we seem to live in a world where infantile levels of instant gratification appear to be ever the new normal. At the risk of ‘cross threading’, which you’ve already done so can hardly criticise me for, if you doubt my comments about any of the above you only have to listen to Liz Truss and remember who she and Little Rishi will be addressing for the next month...the 200k Tory Party faithful who are more welcoming of tax cuts and public sector pay cuts than addressing climate change or the cost of living crisis. Quite terrifying really and ‘lioness’ she certainly isn’t.

P.S. I don’t actually have a problem with the ‘100’. Strange alliances I know but not so different from T20 and although I prefer Test and 50 over cricket nobody makes you watch it.
    You’ve done it again rA, I repeat my earlier comment ‘you just can’t help yourself’

Back on subject

I quite enjoyed it. Some decent skill and on pitch organisation there. If it gets more people into playing sport, all power to it. Likewise it seems to attract people unwilling to attend male footy, and good for them

BUT there seems to be, within those commentating on the womens game, an undercurrent of anti-male footy and a lot of I’ll informed beauleaux spouted about same. I like my male footy roughly how it is thanks

I also think part of the recent upsurge has been mass marketing by BBC, the tv rights holders, plus England success, plus a summer competition. Let’s see if interest is sustained in a cold wet Monday eve at the Don Amott Arena

Here's a few things I'd like the men's game to adopt from the women's game.....

Respect for the opponent

Respect for the officials (the women know any show of dissent will be rewarded with a yellow card).

Cut out the surrounding of the ref in an attempt to intimidate them into being pro your side

Cut out the diving

Cut out the play acting of being injured when you're not

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You’ve done it again rA, I repeat my earlier comment ‘you just can’t help yourself’
    If you read the thread I did it quite deliberately AF seeing as the thread had been dragged all over the place and ended up being sent (not by me) in the direction of the ‘100’ and people’s apparent stupidity via the use of long outdated, and offensive, terms such as ESN.

So...I can help myself but chose not to on this occasion...and as it happens I share most of your opinions on the women’s game but suspect that, contrary to MA’s hopes, the women’s game will learn more bad habits from the men than vice versa.

has anybody seen the newfilm version of Top Gun that has recently (well sort of recently) come out. I've heard mixed reviews, mostly favourable but what does anyone here think.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    has anybody seen the newfilm version of Top Gun that has recently (well sort of recently) come out. I've heard mixed reviews, mostly favourable but what does anyone here think.
    I'd love to comment as having seen it, wouldn't dare mention the lack of disabled/female/ gay/ trans/ neutral genda pilots and mixed toilets.
    It's too hot to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Here's a few things I'd like the men's game to adopt from the women's game.....

Respect for the opponent

Respect for the officials (the women know any show of dissent will be rewarded with a yellow card).

Cut out the surrounding of the ref in an attempt to intimidate them into being pro your side

Cut out the diving

Cut out the play acting of being injured when you're not
    I think some of those will disappear with the money, but I don't see why the dissent / surrounding the ref yellows can't be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I think some of those will disappear with the money, but I don't see why the dissent / surrounding the ref yellows can't be introduced.
    rA said similar and I fear the two of you are right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)