+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpie Circle tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I had to switch off because of the echo. Of those who managed to get through it all, what was mentioned about signings?
    Nothing, they know no more than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Of those who managed to get through it all,
    Whoever managed that deserves a medal.
    They've got to bring in some kind of quality control...fiascos like that contribute towards making the club seem crappy.
    Yours sincerely
    Cecil Pitt

But we are not a selling club, and it isn't part of our model. That point was strongly expressed

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    I remember when Jo and Twiggy were supporting us during The Great Escape and attracting abuse, somethings never change.
    Big difference with those two was the choice as to whether you wanted to listen or not.
    Nobody, including anybody who lived within a mile or two of the ground when she was on the tannoy, had any choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Apart from calling NCMuf some choice names, probably a retort to a comment about him on here, I struggle to understand why some people find him so unpalatable. His Magpie Circle vlog is always good debate and well structured, plus anytime you can get to listen to Mark Stallard talk football has to be a good thing.
    If it's not blindingly obvious then the show sounds perfect for you .

Personally I can't handle the turgid presentation, the questions that take an eternity to ask, and the fact he has a tendency to dominate the show forgetting to allow his guests to speak.

Tbh I've not watched one for a long time so maybe he's got a lot better and allows his guests more time now and sped up his previously laborious delivery.

I hope so.

On last night's vlog he was indeed aware of the echo so he said he would keep his questions and comments as short as possible which he did. Maybe Laddo you should actually watch some of the more recent editions before giving your opinion.
    I have never thought he doesn't allow his guests to speak, and of the Notts vlogs that are out there, I think the Magpie Circle is the best in terms of content and presentation, last night excluded. We are all allowed our opinion though after all.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Whoever managed that deserves a medal.
    They've got to bring in some kind of quality control...fiascos like that contribute towards making the club seem crappy.
    Yours sincerely
    Cecil Pitt
    Gawd, that echoing. I managed about 10 mins of it. I was half expecting Max Headroom to pop up on the screen.

I gave up on this a long time ago. The show is largely like watching grass grow I am afraid to say. It's attracted some reasonable guests over the years but as feedback a shorter more pacy format would work well for most Notts fans NCM or not. I also took offence to the henchman job he did on IB when he came in which was entirely unnecessary but calling him a cretin is a bit unreasonable. His book was OK.

What are people comparing MC to?

If most other clubs have independent fans on youtube producing a much higher quality standard of debate interviewing ex-players and pundits, then fair enough.

If not, and you're comparing him with professional broadcasters who usually have to rattle through a series of questions in less than 5 minutes before cutting the guest off mid-sentence to go to an ad-break, why? That's a whole different thing altogether and in some cases something you're practically forced and bullied into paying for, whether you watch it or not.

OT: If anybody's a fan of Graeme Souness as a pundit, he's now with talksport and will be joining White and Jordan every Monday morning from next week onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    On last night's vlog he was indeed aware of the echo so he said he would keep his questions and comments as short as possible which he did. Maybe Laddo you should actually watch some of the more recent editions before giving your opinion.
    I have never thought he doesn't allow his guests to speak, and of the Notts vlogs that are out there, I think the Magpie Circle is the best in terms of content and presentation, last night excluded. We are all allowed our opinion though after all.
    I clearly said I was commenting on older episodes. I tried to give a couple of them a go during our run in but the same neverending commentary occured prior to a question finally being asked.

Sounds like the echo had its benefits if it kept his questions and comments shorter lol

Delighted to hear he lets his guests speak more cos in the early episodes poor Chloe seemed to be forgotten at times.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast