+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Talisman

Talisman

I am not inspired by the team at the moment, what we need is a talisman, somone who could make an instant impact and inspire the players around him.

here is a list of players who have done that, through the years.

Billy Steel, a world record tranfer
    Bert SLATER, GEORGE MACLEAN, CHARLIE COOKE, TOMMY GEMMEL,BILLY PIRIE,

TOMMY COYNE ,KEITH WRIGHT. BILLY CAMPBELL, SAMMY NELSON, ERIC SCHADLER,

JOHN BROWN, JOHN MCORMACK, JIM DUFFY, DARIUS ADAMCZYK, MORTEN WEIGHORST, SIMON STAINROD,

NOEL BLAKE STEVE LOVELL, SPERONI, CABALLERO, CANNIGGIA, NEMSADZE, NEIL MACANN

HEMMINGS, GREG STUART, CHARLIE ADAM,

my favourite player from that list is still Charlie Cooke.

I wouldn't take any of them right now

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I am not inspired by the team at the moment, what we need is a talisman, somone who could make an instant impact and inspire the players around him.

here is a list of players who have done that, through the years.

Billy Steel, a world record tranfer
    Bert SLATER, GEORGE MACLEAN, CHARLIE COOKE, TOMMY GEMMEL,BILLY PIRIE,

TOMMY COYNE ,KEITH WRIGHT. BILLY CAMPBELL, SAMMY NELSON, ERIC SCHADLER,

JOHN BROWN, JOHN MCORMACK, JIM DUFFY, DARIUS ADAMCZYK, MORTEN WEIGHORST, SIMON STAINROD,

NOEL BLAKE STEVE LOVELL, SPERONI, CABALLERO, CANNIGGIA, NEMSADZE, NEIL MACANN

HEMMINGS, GREG STUART, CHARLIE ADAM,

my favourite player from that list is still Charlie Cooke.
    Cammy Fraser, ketsbia (short spell), Rab Douglas......and Barry Smith, Ggh, Gary Irvine, Matt Lockwood

Think Niall McGinn could be a key player. Think talisman players had everyone in the team aware of what they could and would do when that has the ball. We need to stop the tippy tippy stuff and be more direct. I think we understand this, for the first time on a long time and we will improve throughout the season.

Jim Steele

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    Jim Steele
    he certainly was not a celtic fan !, took no prisoners when he played against the TIC,
    Transferred to Southhampton, first game sent AFF !

Billy Campbell on the wing.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)