+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will buy Styles ?

Who will buy Styles ?

I maybe wrong - and I hope I am - but it’s going to be a Championship club.
    Price £800 K.
    Which is a shame because big things were expected of this player.
    IMO he just hasn’t progressed.

I think a lot of clubs would be willing to buy him , they all know however that despite what Nareev has said , we will accept 2 full books of green shield stamps and 4 Albert Hirst pork pies , just as long as this so called dream team of directors don't have to dip into their monies , I'm hoping he stays , he has a year plus a further year in our favour , then it's up to Callum to either get himself motivated at league level not just International level , and progress even further, if he doesn't well that's his problem , one things for sure though no matter what we may get for him , it will be a lot more than we would get for Cole ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I think a lot of clubs would be willing to buy him , they all know however that despite what Nareev has said , we will accept 2 full books of green shield stamps and 4 Albert Hirst pork pies , just as long as this so called dream team of directors don't have to dip into their monies , I'm hoping he stays , he has a year plus a further year in our favour , then it's up to Callum to either get himself motivated at league level not just International level , and progress even further, if he doesn't well that's his problem , one things for sure though no matter what we may get for him , it will be a lot more than we would get for Cole ,
    Well - you’ve mentioned something there that I was going to start a new thread about.
    But seeing that you’ve mentioned it.

I’m (still) thinking of buying a ST.
    I’ll make my decision on September 1st after the transfer window has closed.
    If I can’t see evidence that the directors have committed to the club by bringing in decent players - then I won’t be buying a ST.

Some are saying the club is skint.
    The club is not skint when there are owners worth £££ Billions who are able to stay within football league rules and ‘gift’ the club money.
    There needs to be the same commitment from the owners as there is from ordinary Barnsley supporters when those supporters purchase STs.

This is where the Styles sale comes in.
    At one time most of us thought the sale of Styles would generate £££millions that could then be poured back into recruitment.
    How things are panning out - that now seems highly unlikely.
    And it dosent surprise me after the poor season Styles had last season.

The Helik sale seems to be going ahead - but again we are getting peanuts for him.

Hence the need for the owners to step in and add to the pot.
    Young loan players like Slobodan Tedic ain’t the answer - when faced with 1st Division brick s**thouse centre backs.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 03-08-2022 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Well - you’ve mentioned something there that I was going to start a new thread about.

If I can’t see evidence that the directors have committed to the club by bringing in decent players - then I won’t be buying a ST.

The club is not skint when there are owners worth £££ Billions who are able to stay within football league rules and ‘gift’ the club money.
    There needs to be the same commitment from the owners as there is from ordinary Barnsley supporters when those supporters purchase STs.

At one time most of us thought the sale of Styles would generate £££millions that could then be poured back into recruitment.

The Helik sale seems to be going ahead - but again we are getting peanuts for him.

Young loan players like Slobodan Tedic ain’t the answer - when faced with 1st Division brick s**thouse centre backs.
    Have you factored in the Financial Fair Play rules into your thinking about gifting the club money?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Have you factored in the Financial Fair Play rules into your thinking about gifting the club money?
    The last time I read the rules - which was a couple of years ago - it stated that owners cannot loan money to the club - but they can gift money.

Obviously I don’t want a situation developing like you see at S6 - however, a bit of input by the owners to prime the pump would clearly be a good move for everyone involved at the club.

When you look at the situation at S6 and others like Derby it makes you wonder what’s going on.
    I’m hoping the owners at some point can make a bit of money from the club - but I don’t want to see that happen on the backs of ordinary Barnsley supporters.

I dont know the rules Nudge thats why I asked. I cant be bothered to look it up such is my apathy these days.

As a few of us have pointed out to you and the evidence tends to back our opinion up the likes of Neerav , JAQ and the group she represents have absolutely no intention of putting any of their own money in to this club .

To them it's a very low level punt , a bit of fun to back the 5000/1 shot with a tenner .

You assume the club means to them what it does to you and it doesn't .

The reason the club is in such a financial mess is because since Dec 2018 the club have operated under its own steam until there was absolutely nothing left in the bank , costs out ran income or we've more going out than we've got coming in .

So the current solution is to reduce costs and operate under a smaller budget and hope our liabilities can be met .

I understand even with the potential sales of Helik and Styles we are still massively adrift of servicing our liabilities .

We are in huge trouble , trust me we are .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    As a few of us have pointed out to you and the evidence tends to back our opinion up the likes of Neerav , JAQ and the group she represents have absolutely no intention of putting any of their own money in to this club .

To them it's a very low level punt , a bit of fun to back the 5000/1 shot with a tenner .

You assume the club means to them what it does to you and it doesn't .

The reason the club is in such a financial mess is because since Dec 2018 the club have operated under its own steam until there was absolutely nothing left in the bank , costs out ran income or we've more going out than we've got coming in .

So the current solution is to reduce costs and operate under a smaller budget and hope our liabilities can be met .

I understand even with the potential sales of Helik and Styles we are still massively adrift of servicing our liabilities .

We are in huge trouble , trust me we are .
    Good post 👍
    Your predictions have come true in the past - I hope they don’t this time.
    I will wait for September 1st.
    In the meantime I’ll pick and choose which games to attend.
    Starting with this Saturday.

I maybe wrong - and I hope I am - but it’s going to be a Championship club.
    Price £800 K.
    Which is a shame because big things were expected of this player.
    IMO he just hasn’t progressed.
    Styles is a talented footballer who like more at our club had a poor season last year but I am in the camp that the influence off the pitch from our owners coupled with poor coaching & game management had a big effect on the performances of individuals & more collectively the team & cream always rises to the top thus some of the better players will once again perform to a higher standard again in their careers even though it will not be with us . Styles has shown that he can do a job at international level playing with better players & not looking out of place & I feel sure his career will kick on again , he is still a very young player with potentially a decent future in the game in front of him & I will be amazed if he leaves us for such a small fee as you YN have suggested , his career is not over, it was like a lot more last season it stalled .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Styles is a talented footballer who like more at our club had a poor season last year but I am in the camp that the influence off the pitch from our owners coupled with poor coaching & game management had a big effect on the performances of individuals & more collectively the team & cream always rises to the top thus some of the better players will once again perform to a higher standard again in their careers even though it will not be with us . Styles has shown that he can do a job at international level playing with better players & not looking out of place & I feel sure his career will kick on again , he is still a very young player with potentially a decent future in the game in front of him & I will be amazed if he leaves us for such a small fee as you YN have suggested , his career is not over, it was like a lot more last season it stalled .
    Styles might also want to remind himself who it is that still pays his wages and actually look like he gives a **** .

I watched Watford v Blunts game on Monday night , the Watford front three are all linked with moves away from the Hornets but it didn't stop them running their blood to water and ripping the Blunts defence a new un .

The truth of the matter in my opinion was that the likes of Styles , Brittain and one of two more didn't get the moves they thought they were going to get following the Val play off season and packed it up here last season .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast