+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some of our fans or maybe a new breed of plastic ones

some of our fans or maybe a new breed of plastic ones

dear me, some of the comments on social media from our fans complaining at the transfer business so far is really beginning to plss me off!

people complaining that we need to raise our offers to match the selling clubs valuations to get players in right now,
    others saying the owners dont have a clue what they are doing, Dan Ashworth is shlte because we have not got a striker in yet.

The constant bltching and moaning because we are not throwing money around really is shocking.

People have very short memories, this time last year we couldnt even get Hamza Choudary ffs.

Surely people cant be that thick as not to think the club are working on multiple deals behind the scenes and trying to get the very best financial deal possible.

Take the latest one, James Maddison, we have offered 40m + addons and then a 50m + addons bid.
    Leicester are saying they want 60m , which is fair enough but this is also called negotiating.

Why would Newcastle pay 60 million now, when they can get him for less than half of that next summer as his contract will enter the final year?

The club are trying to stagger payments with the least amount upfront so they can be more competitive and not break FFP rules. The PL wont turn a blind eye to us like they did Everton.

I suspect Leicester leaked the Maddison story to drum up a bidding war because they really do need the cash and reduce their squad size.

Since Ashworth has come in, the media leaks have dropped dramatically

Sign of the times, I’m afraid, especially among the younger generation. They want it all, right now and are not prepared to plan and build towards an objective.

I am satisfied with our business so far and very pleased with the way the club is carrying out our transfer activity.

I can't believe it. They only need to look back to this time last season and thank their lucky stars we are where we are now with the set up as it is.

If it takes five seasons to do it gradually step by step most of the rational minded among us wil accept that and be grateful that we are where we are. And by the way remind those greedy impatient dimwits that Fatso and CabbageHeed are just bad tastes from the past never to rear their ugly heads again.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I can't believe it. They only need to look back to this time last season and thank their lucky stars we are where we are now with the set up as it is.

If it takes five seasons to do it gradually step by step most of the rational minded among us wil accept that and be grateful that we are where we are. And by the way remind those greedy impatient dimwits that Fatso and CabbageHeed are just bad tastes from the past never to rear their ugly heads again.
    it is staggering like Pat, the remit of the new owners in public has always been, small steps, get better every year and challenge in 5 years.

Now i dont believe they are saying the same in private, even Bruno said he was told they wanted to challenge for CL THIS season.

Theres still almost 1 month of the window left and i fully expect them to bring 4 signings in, with a couple of them being a surprise.

They have chased Paqueta for many months, his club are dragging their heels hoping more will be in for him, so NUFC are turning their attentions to Maddison/Barkley etc, its a tactic of making everyone look one way while they get a deal done in the background.

Look at Henderson, the media had everyone convinced we were going for him, yet we signed Pope out of the blue

Sense on social media is as rare as rocking horse sh'it. While standard horsesh'it is in plentiful supply, I suggest you simply ignore.

Even when coming from our own "fans", it's noise.

I'm sure long time Citeh and Chelsea fans got fed up with it at the start too.

I'm happy to just compete in the PL and not get waxed all the time.

Would be happy with CL 2+ years from now. I'd also like to be pushing to win the damned thing this decade.

These same fans don't realise that we need a steady build up because FFP will keep our wings clipped.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    dear me, some of the comments on social media from our fans complaining at the transfer business so far is really beginning to plss me off!
    Agreed.

It's embarrassing in some cases.

It feels very much the fifa generation, those that think getting a player is a simple as it is on fifa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It feels very much the fifa generation, those that think getting a player is a simple as it is on fifa.
    Also pisses me off when those “fans” think that every player dreams about playing for city or any of their “top” teams.

I used to like when the teams thrive when they had a talented generation coming from the academy. Like a natural process, not a shopping contest.
    Now when a young boy plays for his local team and shows a glimpse of talent everyone says that he should move on.
    Sad, as it seems now it is the only way for both the pkayers and the teams

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Sign of the times, I’m afraid, especially among the younger generation. They want it all, right now and are not prepared to plan and build towards an objective.

I am satisfied with our business so far and very pleased with the way the club is carrying out our transfer activity.
    It’s not just about football though is it, they want “everything” NOW, and it has to be new, won’t accept anything else, peer pressure or whatever it is, and they expect the same with NUFC. They really piss me off!

By no means all, but some NUFC tw@tter accounts are Mackems stirring the sh!t. As for me, I'm happy with the way things are going, but we do need more than Wilson/Wood up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    By no means all, but some NUFC tw@tter accounts are Mackems stirring the sh!t. As for me, I'm happy with the way things are going, but we do need more than Wilson/Wood up front.
    Yeah have been reading Twitter today and couldn’t believe some comments, Maxi and Wilson need to be replaced ffs, obviously not NUFC fans,like you say trying to stir it, sad! Maxi for me had his best game for a long time,looks like he’s gradually improving his all round game,by picking out good passes when needed. Unfortunately found myself screaming at the tele whenever Almiron messed up, Fraser must be wondering how this player keeps him out of the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)