+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Knee taking … now only occasionally for prem league

Warne has been made to look out of touch and behind the times.

Or maybe he let the players decide and they wanted to keep doing it?

Or maybe he thought it would help recruit black players?

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    OK, it's still a daft, irrelevant comment to distract from the point being made, but at least you didn't humiliatingly bring up Savile this time!
    If someone else can use him for whataboutery why can't I?

It was a gesture of solidarity for black people, nothing to do with being a f*cking 'sheep'.
    Maybe it's run it's course,so what great ideas would the white old men on here do instead then ?
    I suspect nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Warne has been made to look out of touch and behind the times.
    Lol, yes, when I see threads like these the first thing I think is that the person who is out and touch and behind the times is Paul Warne.

He could learn a thing or two from you young trendsetters!

It's easy to sit behind a keyboard dismissing those trying to support any "thing", just can't help but wonder what, if anything, the naysayers actually support? Beyond constant negativity and bitterness, a sad state of being to the outside observer.
    It's also very easy to virtue signal too isn't it but then have no problem playing in a world cup in a country with a history of extremely poor human rights and stadiums and infrastructure constructed by migrant workers who were killed in their thousands .

If you want to make a stand then refuse to play in the bloody thing instead of satisfying your conscience on one knee before PL games .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's also very easy to virtue signal too isn't it but then have no problem playing in a world cup in a country with a history of extremely poor human rights and stadiums and infrastructure constructed by migrant workers who were killed in their thousands .

If you want to make a stand then refuse to play in the bloody thing instead of satisfying your conscience on one knee before PL games .
    Whataboutery.

Qatar is a totally separate issue from that of racial abuse being suffered by players in our country just for turning up to do their job (playing football).

Whataboutery.

Qatar is a totally separate issue from that of racial abuse being suffered by players in our country just for turning up to do their job (playing football).
    So the deaths of migrant workers in Qatar constructing stadiums and infrastructure for a Football World Cup which also happens to have a medieval human rights record is a separate issue at PL football stadiums ? .

You people don't half make me laugh with what you support and what you clearly don't .

Usual nonsense by usual nonsenseers. If people didnt make a stand about equality most of us would still be serfs now. At best or Slaves at worst How do you think we have arrived today with the rights we have.? Go back and live in feudal times etc if thats what you want just dont take the rest ot us with you.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Usual nonsense by usual nonsenseers. If people didnt make a stand about equality most of us would still be serfs now. At best or Slaves at worst How do you think we have arrived today with the rights we have.? Go back and live in feudal times etc if thats what you want just dont take the rest ot us with you.
    Roly isn't that my point , taking a box ticking stance on one knee before a PL game and then flying out to Qatar to compete in the most disgraceful of disgraceful World Cup venues smells of hypocrisy to me .

If your going to stand up then stand up and go all the way but I guess even Ian Wright will get paid for his punditry in Qatar this December and then come home and tell us how much more work needs to be done in the UK regarding racism .

You not see where I'm going with this .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Roly isn't that my point , taking a box ticking stance on one knee before a PL game and then flying out to Qatar to compete in the most disgraceful of disgraceful World Cup venues smells of hypocrisy to me .

If your going to stand up then stand up and go all the way but I guess even Ian Wright will get paid for his punditry in Qatar this December and then come home and tell us how much more work needs to be done in the UK regarding racism .

You not see where I'm going with this .
    We're all hypocritical. You're just cherry-picking bizarre comparisons to suit your narrative.

Professional footballers getting racially abused for doing their job is something that is happening at stadiums around the country every week, and raising awareness of the issue is a simple way to help improve the situation (by most reasonable assessments). Taking the knee does not impact a player's ability to do their job.

Refusing to participate in the biggest sporting tournament of your career does affect your ability to do your job.

It is ABSURD to compare them or suggest it is hypocritical if you just use your brain for a moment.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast