+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Knee taking … now only occasionally for prem league

Let me give you an example as to why it's a daft comparison.

Some people protest by quietly holding up a sign in a street.

Some people protest by setting themselves on fire and burning to death.

By your daft logic anyone who protests but isn't willing to set themselves on fire is a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    We're all hypocritical. You're just cherry-picking bizarre comparisons to suit your narrative.

Professional footballers getting racially abused for doing their job is something that is happening at stadiums around the country every week, and raising awareness of the issue is a simple way to help improve the situation (by most reasonable assessments). Taking the knee does not impact a player's ability to do their job.

Refusing to participate in the biggest sporting tournament of your career does affect your ability to do your job.

It is ABSURD to compare them or suggest it is hypocritical if you just use your brain for a moment.
    As far as I can see the only cherry picking going on here is from footballers dropping on one knee before PL games but will put all their so called principles to one side and participate in an abhorrent event in December built on exploitation , a lack of human rights and the loss of thousands of lives as a consequence .

However according to you that's fine because if they don't go their football careers will be impacted .

On one hand your telling me how much racism in football is going on and on the other your telling me the players have to protect their careers .

If your going to use sport as a political platform the stench of hypocrisy isn't a good look .

Nobody is asking anybody to set themselves on fire , not going to a World Cup isn't even in the same conversation to what Mandela went through .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    As far as I can see the only cherry picking going on here is from footballers dropping on one knee before PL games but will put all their so called principles to one side and participate in an abhorrent event in December built on exploitation , a lack of human rights and the loss of thousands of lives as a consequence .

However according to you that's fine because if they don't go their football careers will be impacted .

On one hand your telling me how much racism in football is going on and on the other your telling me the players have to protect their careers .

If your going to use sport as a political platform the stench of hypocrisy isn't a good look .

Nobody is asking anybody to set themselves on fire , not going to a World Cup isn't even in the same conversation to what Mandela went through .
    In summary, your argument seems to boil down to that if someone isn't willing to pay a huge price for a cause they believe in, they shouldn't do ANYTHING for it, or they're a hypocrite.

"As far as I can see " - you can't see very far is the issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    In summary, your argument seems to boil down to that if someone isn't willing to pay a huge price for a cause they believe in, they shouldn't do ANYTHING for it, or they're a hypocrite.

"As far as I can see " - you can't see very far is the issue here.
    Actually no , my argument is to differentiate between the " Virtue Signallers " and the people who are prepared to actually really stand up .

It appears a world cup is a step too far despite its venue and creation being the very thing they are campaigning against .

It appears a world cup is a step too far despite its venue and creation being the very thing they are campaigning against .
    There are many good reasons to oppose the Qatar world cup, but very little overlap between them and the reasons players have been taking the knee. I don't know how you've convinced yourself they're such closely related issues.

You've just got tunnel vision, have convinced yourself (or been convinced by a right-wing rag) it's the same thing and they're hypocrites, and you refuse to listen to reason.

Actually no , my argument is to differentiate between the " Virtue Signallers " and the people who are prepared to actually really stand up .

Are people who wear the poppy virtue signallers?

The answer is probably yes by your reasoning.

Animal,he's obsessed with believing that we are all racist and should follow the corrupt BLM movement.It is insulting for these idiots to call us racist when we are not.A lot have said this virtue signalling will promote racism.We are not a racist country.The Guardian led BBC need to stick up for the 99% and not listen to the 1% who are trying to disrupt the country.

That’s the real success with taking the knee, how it’s unified people and reduced racism in football

Hang on, back later, just seen a pig flying past the window

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Animal,he's obsessed with believing that we are all racist and should follow the corrupt BLM movement.It is insulting for these idiots to call us racist when we are not.A lot have said this virtue signalling will promote racism.We are not a racist country.The Guardian led BBC need to stick up for the 99% and not listen to the 1% who are trying to disrupt the country.
    Where have I called anyone racist?

Where have I supported "BLM"? BLM refers to lots of different entities, some of which I support the messaging of, others of which I think the tactics are self-defeating. I prefer the more recent approach the football club has taken of raising awareness of the racial injustice suffered without referring to the BLM brand. The club didn't refer to BLM once last season when taking the knee.

Some of your posts are like a cartoon character they're so cliche. What news websites would you recommend I use Bill to avoid the leftie bias of the BBC, where do you get your information from? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That’s the real success with taking the knee, how it’s unified people and reduced racism in football

Hang on, back later, just seen a pig flying past the window
    You're right that it hasn't magically made the issue disappear. But that wouldn't have happened without taking the knee either.

What it has undisputedly done is STILL got us still talking about the issue 2 years later, ironically by contributing to this thread you're adding to that success. I doubt it's made people more racist overall, unless you have anything you want to add from your experience?
    Last edited by John2; 03-08-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast