+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Knee taking … now only occasionally for prem league

We are not a racist country.Why has the mainstream media been saying taking the knee sends a message out to everybody.This is offensive to the football population and should never have started.

It wasn't about equality it was about getting rid of Trump and making money, objectives achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It wasn't about equality it was about getting rid of Trump and making money, objectives achieved.
    lol, League One footballer secret plot to REMOVE President Trump by taking knee before game EXPOSED

What websites do you get your news from great fire? So many people here are saying how bad the BBC and Guardian are, help us poor leftie sheep out... let us know where we should get our news from?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Despite it defying all logic, "He'll be back!"

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    You're right that it hasn't magically made the issue disappear. But that wouldn't have happened without taking the knee either.

What it has undisputedly done is STILL got us still talking about the issue 2 years later, ironically by contributing to this thread you're adding to that success. I doubt it's made people more racist overall, unless you have anything you want to add from your experience?
    Absolute nonsense .

The Kick It Out Campaign have made a huge contribution to reducing racism in English football , the club's themselves have operated a zero tolerance policy for years .

The football industry itself was quite capable of irradiating racism from the sport .

With all the above on board what the tragic death of George Floyd in the US had got to do with our national sport I don't know .

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Despite it defying all logic, "He'll be back!"
    Now where did I put those fake tan shares?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The football industry itself was quite capable of irradiating racism from the sport .

With all the above on board what the tragic death of George Floyd in the US had got to do with our national sport I don't know .
    So until George Floyd was murdered, you think we'd successfully eradicated racism from sport? That's world-class delusional!

So until George Floyd was murdered, you think we'd successfully eradicated racism from sport? That's world-class delusional!
    Where did I say that ? .

As for delusional it isn't me who believes dropping on one knee carries more weight than the English national team boycotting a world cup and making a stand at an abhorrent event in December .

You only gain in this life what you are prepared to give up in order to achieve your objectives and actions speak louder than words .

Where did I say that ?
    What was your point then? If you're acknowledging there is still an issue with racism, then what is the harm in additional actions to address it?

As for delusional it isn't me who believes dropping on one knee carries more weight than the English national team boycotting a world cup and making a stand at an abhorrent event in December .
    It isn't me who believes that either, just that it isn't really relevant to the reason they take the knee.

You only gain in this life what you are prepared to give up in order to achieve your objectives and actions speak louder than words .
    Will you be boycotting the world cup then, even if England make the final?

One of my favourite things about the Euros was all the numpties who made a big song and dance that they were boycotting watching England because they were upset about them taking the knee. Those people will be as ridiculed in history as they were at the time.

It's easy to sit behind a keyboard dismissing those trying to support any "thing", just can't help but wonder what, if anything, the naysayers actually support? Beyond constant negativity and bitterness, a sad state of being to the outside observer.
    OK John2 name the top 5 things that BLM have done for black people

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast