+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Knee taking … now only occasionally for prem league

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    In summary, your argument seems to boil down to that if someone isn't willing to pay a huge price for a cause they believe in, they shouldn't do ANYTHING for it, or they're a hypocrite.

"As far as I can see " - you can't see very far is the issue here.
    Actually no , my argument is to differentiate between the " Virtue Signallers " and the people who are prepared to actually really stand up .

It appears a world cup is a step too far despite its venue and creation being the very thing they are campaigning against .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It appears a world cup is a step too far despite its venue and creation being the very thing they are campaigning against .
    There are many good reasons to oppose the Qatar world cup, but very little overlap between them and the reasons players have been taking the knee. I don't know how you've convinced yourself they're such closely related issues.

You've just got tunnel vision, have convinced yourself (or been convinced by a right-wing rag) it's the same thing and they're hypocrites, and you refuse to listen to reason.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Actually no , my argument is to differentiate between the " Virtue Signallers " and the people who are prepared to actually really stand up .

Are people who wear the poppy virtue signallers?

The answer is probably yes by your reasoning.