+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How important

How important

Do you think it is for Gary Bowyer to have a bit of knowledge of the Scottish game?

McCall seemed to know exactly how we wud set on Saturday and had his club riled up about that vote.

GB probably knew nothing of any historic vote and maybe ( to me) looks like a manager who will try and impose our tactics on the opposition and not worry what they are doing which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Thought on Saturday there was a lot of discussion on how to counteract partick during the middle of the first half by which time they game was gone.

I just wonder whose giving him the small but important details about other teams, managers and clubs.

Curious as well that partick won the toss and decided to shoot downhill.....no many do that .....strikes me McCall had them champing at the bit.

Football's football, just ask the English seemingly their women winning the Women's Euros is on a par with a men's World Cup win, so I'm happy enough if the manager goes out with the 'we do what we do and let them worry about us' approach rather than doing excessive worrying about them.

I think he was caught cold on Saturday by Partick's approach, which was definitely driven by a feeling of being hard done by, but that won't happen every week.

The Raith and Arbroath games will give us more of a feel of where he is with respect to knowledge of the game up here and ho his approach will work out.

Same old Dundee for the past three seasons, too predictable and too sporting.
    Lost count of the number of teams that come to Dens and take the game to us right from the start, and also taking the piss out of the,
    Officials and getting away with it.
    Also playing one upfront at home sends a message to the opposition.
    I'm hoping Gary Bower gets it right, but it's not good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Football's football, just ask the English seemingly their women winning the Women's Euros is on a par with a men's World Cup win, so I'm happy enough if the manager goes out with the 'we do what we do and let them worry about us' approach rather than doing excessive worrying about them.

I think he was caught cold on Saturday by Partick's approach, which was definitely driven by a feeling of being hard done by, but that won't happen every week.

The Raith and Arbroath games will give us more of a feel of where he is with respect to knowledge of the game up here and ho his approach will work out.
    Don't get me started but they want the good comparison to men's game ie we win you don't, we didn't bottle you do etc but if it's pointed out that a half decent amateur team would beat them and a Scottish junior side wud destroy them......you are being misogynistic. 😄

Why they can't just be the best women's team in Europe I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Same old Dundee for the past three seasons, too predictable and too sporting.
    Lost count of the number of teams that come to Dens and take the game to us right from the start, and also taking the piss out of the,
    Officials and getting away with it.
    Also playing one upfront at home sends a message to the opposition.
    I'm hoping Gary Bower gets it right, but it's not good start.
    We are too nice but some no happy manager in linesman's ear, I'll have that every week.

Far too nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We are too nice but some no happy manager in linesman's ear, I'll have that every week.

Far too nice.
    Totally agree we are too nice, and good to see that we have moved dugouts again and are closer to the lino. About time we were in their ear and putting them under pressure long may it continue, not that it done any good on Sat as the Main stand lino was rancid.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Totally agree we are too nice, and good to see that we have moved dugouts again and are closer to the lino. About time we were in their ear and putting them under pressure long may it continue, not that it done any good on Sat as the Main stand lino was rancid.
    Mcpake moved them as he didn't want to be near hospitality.....bit fearty that.

Do you think it is for Gary Bowyer to have a bit of knowledge of the Scottish game?

McCall seemed to know exactly how we wud set on Saturday and had his club riled up about that vote.

GB probably knew nothing of any historic vote and maybe ( to me) looks like a manager who will try and impose our tactics on the opposition and not worry what they are doing which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Thought on Saturday there was a lot of discussion on how to counteract partick during the middle of the first half by which time they game was gone.

I just wonder whose giving him the small but important details about other teams, managers and clubs.

Curious as well that partick won the toss and decided to shoot downhill.....no many do that .....strikes me McCall had them champing at the bit.
    Partick were playing with the wind in the first half and maybe thought that the wind would drop during the second half

Mcpake moved them as he didn't want to be near hospitality.....bit fearty that.
    If i recall correctly we used the dug out nearest the changing rooms for years and then when Archie Xnox became gaffer we then moved to the one nearest the Provie good thinking by Archie as was at the lino constantly. It changed back and forth over the years since but Archie was the first to use it as far as i recall.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    If i recall correctly we used the dug out nearest the changing rooms for years and then when Archie Xnox became gaffer we then moved to the one nearest the Provie good thinking by Archie as was at the lino constantly. It changed back and forth over the years since but Archie was the first to use it as far as i recall.
    Probably.

pH and McCann both used ones nearest provvy, it's bound to influence tight offside calls.

Away teams used to have 5 or 6 folk having a go at the linesman when they had top dugout.

It's small things but goes back to being too nice.

Even whether people agree or not about thistle snubbing our hospitality we shud make a bit more of it.

We need to harden up as a club, a team and dare I say fan base......all stems from the top I just don't think Nelms is a football club leader.

We had a devilment about us when Peter Marr was in charge and a togetherness when Deefiant was ongoing which I believe was instilled from top down and the players bought into big time.

I just think at times it's no so much no one likes us we don't care as no one likes us ACH whas bathered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)