+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summats not right down there, at Oakwell towers

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I’m trying to make a calculated guess about Neerav.
    If the Crynes like him - and as far as I can judge the Cryne family are the supporters representatives on the board - then I also support him.
    I’ve a good feeling about Neerav.
    I never had that with Paul Conway - he always looked shifty.
    But obviously I might be wrong.
    The point is YN that whilst Neerav probably isn't the shytehouse Conway is the fact remains the club is run exactly the same way and Neerav plus JAQ and the group she represents aren't prepared to invest their own money in to the club but hope to one day make money off it .

The supporters , sponsorship and advertising partners are the only ones putting in .

You know they aren't bothered about the initial investment they made because if they were they'd have squared the club's finances and provided the new HC with some finance to return us to the championship preferably at the first attempt .

The longer this club resides in league one then the chance of making money here diminishes by every passing season .

So by definition it's clear their initial investment doesn't really bother them if it's lost .

In much the same way I lose a tenner every weekend doing accas at the bookies .

If Conway is Boris Johnson then Neerav is Rishi Sunak , Sunak may not be the liar and scoundrel Johnson was but he's still going to lead the Tories to a real tw@tting at the next GE because he'll change nowt .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Im not sure where you get this Nareev thing from Nudge , just now i dont trust him or anyone else on the board, its all gone quiet from them , are they hiding away or are the rumours right ? As Animal has pointed out , they are spread out far and wide , and maybe just taking a small punt on a smallish club in England with nothing to lose or even care about ,
    What exactly do you want from the board in August? During this pre season the Board signed a new manager and appointed two coaches plus signing & selling a number of players, during a transfer window fans are interested what players are signed & sold rather than another press conference, we have a good manager in place & until 1st September we won't know what squad we will have (possibly beyond that with loanees). Also not sure on what basis Jean Cryne can't be trusted, looks like the usual mud throwing based on nothing hoping some of it sticks.
    Last edited by Ponty End; 03-08-2022 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponty End View Post
    What exactly do you want from the board in August? During this pre season the Board signed a new manager and appointed two coaches plus signing & selling a number of players, during a transfer window fans are interested what players are signed & sold rather than another press conference, we have a good manager in place & until 1st September we won't know what squad we will have (possibly beyond that with loanees). Also not sure on what basis Jean Cryne can't be trusted, looks like the usual mud throwing based on nothing hoping some of it sticks.
    Ponty, We don’t know he is a good manager. We don’t know wether JC can be trusted.
    What we DO know, is that we are selling people CHEAP, We are signing CHEAP. We have a HEAD COACH, ( not a manager].
    So…… Just like the last two seasons…. We haven’t a clue. We haven’t progressed, NOR do we look like the club is building anything. Any time we unearth a few players, we sell, and buy cheap.
    How can you defend that? It’s like watching the same film over and over. Amd it shouldn’t be like this, even at #ClubslikeBarnsley

The definition of madness!

I'm led to believe "this rumour" some of the board want to invest and others don't , if that's the case and true ? Its stalemate ,Barring a miracle happening we are in for a very long season ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I'm led to believe "this rumour" some of the board want to invest and others don't , if that's the case and true ? Its stalemate ,Barring a miracle happening we are in for a very long season ,
    If i were a betting man I would say---

Chein Lee 31.25% of shares, Pacific Media Group (Hung Arseoyle) 7.5% and Quay's The Investor Group 20 %, have said something on the lines of, "Thu not gerrin a penny arta me" and Parekh 21.25% and the Crynes 20% ev said, "Well if there not purrin a penny in neither are we."
    Get players sold and squeeze what you can out of the fans and sponsorship would be the conclusion.

After listening to the opinions of people who watched the match - and after reading comments on here and the BBS - and then listening to what Duff had to say about the game …… this thread sprang to mind.

If supporters and Michael Duff are all saying the same thing - that it’s plain to see what’s missing - then no matter what the hold up’s might be at board level - the directors that are wanting to move progress must surely provide the final pieces of what’s clearly missing from the squad.

On what I’m hearing - we are a couple of strikers away from a real force in this league

So what's your answer Nudge ? Do you honestly think this current regime will invest in signing player's ?, someone pointed out already (chops I think ) why should those who don't want to invest get any benefits back , with this many on the board it needs to be a unanimously agreed decision , not somebody paying X amount and sumdi throwing 30 bob in , Board needs downsizing for me, too many of them , I fear we may end up getting some of the board back that we recently got rid of,,,
    Last edited by Romared; 14-08-2022 at 06:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12