+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot water shortages

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    ERM, I lived there before that, Mr Google.
    But your point appeared to be that Cyprus doesn't have droughts because you didn't experience any.

If that wasn't your point, god knows what it was.

By that logic, I visited New Orleans a few of years ago, and it didn't flood while I was there, so clearly it's not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Cyprus gets its drinking water from reverse osmosis desalination systems.

It could build more but the environmentalists don’t like the environmental impact ( well those environmentalists that don’t live there)
    That's even worse, I kept marine fish using revers osmosis water. For every gallon produced, (pure water) 5 gallon of impure water went down the drain.

That's even worse, I kept marine fish using revers osmosis water. For every gallon produced, (pure water) 5 gallon of impure water went down the drain.
    ...........should have watered your lawn with it............lol

I don't have a lawn.

I don't have a lawn.
    ....ok......er, sell it to your neighbour?

Why not put everyone on meters? My neighbours with 2 or3 cars, jet washing them on a daily basis, sprinklers on the lawn.
    I have mentioned it to him , but with kids as well he said it was not worth it.
    Fair enough.
    Mrs Crash is a bugger with washing machine, but our water bill is £22/month.
    If everyone has a meter installed, it may make them adjust.
    Crash had one installed years saved us loads of dosh. As for your neighbour, if he had one installed he might think twice about washing his cars so much,
    Last edited by Brin; 04-08-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Everyone should have one.

Everyone should have one.
    Be careful what you wish for. We live in a society that's happy for human life's essentials to be "owned" by a very small minority and sold to the rest of us for massive profit. If everyone in the UK installed a water meter - thus (in theory) significantly reducing usage/cost to the consumer - you can be sure that your bills will go sky high as "the owners" look to maintain/increase their profits.

Good the wasters will pay more. My neighbours empty a reservoir a week.

Maybe he won't be so keen when the hosepipe bans come in and he has to do it all with a watering can. Two areas with bans already down here.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast