+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Event build up thread: China v Taiwan

Event build up thread: China v Taiwan

I know these geo-political issues can be delicate but how can one womans visit to a country cause so much Chinese angst?

And why are 2 of the worlds biggest countries by land mass so desperate for a little bit more land?

Just the states trying to throw it's weight around again.

My god, she's ugly.

Why would anyone want to do that to their face?

Nothing is going to happen, it's very difficult to invade an island and Taiwan is armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Nothing is going to happen, it's very difficult to invade an island and Taiwan is armed to the teeth.
    I agree it would be very difficult to successfully invade without blowing it to bits by air/missiles first, which I doubt the Chinese would want to do. The main Taiwan island is just a bit bigger than Scotland but with a population of 25 Million people so any land battles would be Ukraine on steroids.

If the Chinese wanted to be arseh0les about it the more likely option would be an air and sea blockade, which is effectively what they have in place now until Sunday. The big issue with that for the rest of the world is about half of all microchips are manufactured in Taiwan so just imagine the impact on everything that uses chips if supply got halved for an extended period of time. The question would then be would the US/Japan intervene then things could get stupid pretty quick.

America won't pick a fight with China, hence the reason Pelosi wasn't on an offical state visit.

World would be a safer place if America just concentrated on making their sh ithole of a country a better place instead of pretending to worry what happens in other countries.

Fight with China?

Don't make me laugh, who'd make our stuff?

The entire western world would collapse without stuff.

FIDYEMEEEEEEEEEEEAN...........stuff?

A kinds o' stuff.