+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Off for a spot of carp fishing

O/T Off for a spot of carp fishing

🎣🎣 looking forward to an afternoon/evening of fishing. Hoping to land some of the larger double figure ones today.

Ironically, last time I went to the same venue, first fish I landed was a foot long approx 5lb Koi that someone had released into the lake 😮 Thought it was a goldfish at first, yes they can grow that big, it depends on the expanse and depth of water they live in.

Anyone remember the large goldfish in Clifton Park?

Trying a new bait and method out so here goes….
    Last edited by Brin; 04-08-2022 at 09:43 AM.

I've never been carp fishing Brin. I used to fish regularly as a lad but packed it in at about 15.
    I may start again soon you never know.

My dad's best mate and golfing partner is Díck Clegg so I can tap in to his knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    🎣🎣 looking forward to an afternoon/evening of fishing. Hoping to land some of the larger double figure ones today.

Ironically, last time I went to the same venue, first fish I landed was a foot long approx 5lb Koi that someone had released into the lake 😮 Thought it was a goldfish at first, yes they can grow that big, it depends on the expanse and depth of water they live in.

Anyone remember the large goldfish in Clifton Park?

Trying a new bait and method out so here goes….
    First paragraph sounds like your going back in time and off down to Tiffany’s..🤣

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I've never been carp fishing Brin. I used to fish regularly as a lad but packed it in at about 15.
    I may start again soon you never know.

My dad's best mate and golfing partner is Díck Clegg so I can tap in to his knowledge.
    Good luck with that pal if you do decide to take up fishing again. I've heard there are some great holiday accommodations in France that have private fishing lakes attached.....you never know I might give it a go one day.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    First paragraph sounds like your going back in time and off down to Tiffany’s..��
    .....actually did what you said back in the day....more than once

Went fly-fishing last week for the 1st time...caught a 6lb bluebottle, beginners luck.!!!!

First fish I ever caught was a Crucian Carp at Ravenfield ponds (55+ years ago)
    Remember mi Dad being a tad jealous as he'd never caught one.

Didn't catch the fishing bug though.

Just go on Fowls mad Brin and drop a few comments about league 1 and how bad washday are. I suspect you will get a bad full of fish there.. Good luck with the carp, tight lines

Can't see the point.
    Go sea fishing, then you have something to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Can't see the point.
    Go sea fishing, then you have something to eat.
    It's not all about feeding yourself

Crash, Pleasure fishing is just that. Done the sea fishing malarky and didn't get the bug for that. Too much travel to get there, the cost of going on a boat etc, oh and throwing up quite a lot maybe that's why I din't do it again! .....biggest fish caught was an 86lb conger eel , can you top that?

Great day today, 100lb plus so well worth the visit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast