+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .... and Bolton Wanderers

.... and Bolton Wanderers

AM has the unenviable dilemma of 'stick or twist' again ... tho' I think he now knows a bit more about who is ready, and who aint

At least Sambou will be back

Reckon we will do okay, and sneak a 1-0, with DA scoring the decisive goal.

Got a feeling AM might still go 'wholesale' on the changes. Not that he needs to know what they can do. However, I'm sure he'll need/want to rest Mellor, Thomas and Ainley, maybe even Williams. Richards will also get a runout as may Billy Sass. So that's a possible 6 changes.
    As for the prediction, I can't see it being less than a 3-0 defeat.

I fear that Bolton will have much more squad depth than we have and will win at a canter. 1-4. I hope that we put out a weak a team that we are allowed to.

Hi guys, Wanderers fan here. Glad to see you doing so well this season after a poor year last time and whatever happens tonight, good luck for the rest of the season and don’t forget to give the plastic Mancs a stuffing when you meet them!!. As for tonight, it’s anybodys game because we’ll be making a lot of changes and to be fair we’ve struggled up front in the last few games. I do though think Evatt wants a cup run and since we’re now out of the Carabao he may want to progress in this one instead. We have a few players like Isgrove and Sheehan back from serious injuries likely to start tonight as well as one or two youngsters we’ve recently signed so if you play a reasonably strong side you might pinch it. Im sure we’re both mainly interested in the league but let’s just hope it’s a good game and the best team wins?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    Hi guys, Wanderers fan here. Glad to see you doing so well this season after a poor year last time and whatever happens tonight, good luck for the rest of the season and don’t forget to give the plastic Mancs a stuffing when you meet them!!. As for tonight, it’s anybodys game because we’ll be making a lot of changes and to be fair we’ve struggled up front in the last few games. I do though think Evatt wants a cup run and since we’re now out of the Carabao he may want to progress in this one instead. We have a few players like Isgrove and Sheehan back from serious injuries likely to start tonight as well as one or two youngsters we’ve recently signed so if you play a reasonably strong side you might pinch it. Im sure we’re both mainly interested in the league but let’s just hope it’s a good game and the best team wins?
    Cheers BarnsleyWhites - had me confused for a second with your name ...

Hope you also have a good season - after tonight, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post

https://elitesportshistory.com/players/francis-lee/

Just scroll down a bit for the video to show how great FL was in his day and many goals scored on poor quality pitches that we never see today and wonder if players back then were more fit than people think when they compare them with today. I think they were but I am biased! He scored 15 goals from the Penalty Spot one season and was accused of falling deliberately in the area..

I was at Bolton in the mid sixties when we played them in the FA cup and Francis Lee was playing for them before he transferred to ManCity. Lee scored against us that day and think the score was 3-1 back then. It was a good day out otherwise...

and the other thing that Frannie Lee (Lee Won Pen) was famous for was his rotund shape.

Normally would have gone as can get a direct train to Horwich but I suspect we'll have a weakened team out
    and there's no pay on the gate so my options are already ended (plus i'd be leaving it a bit late!). Going to
    listen on channel 726 instead.

Starting XI

Richards

Mellor
    BSD
    Zac
    Finney C

Griffiths
    Leshabela

Tabs
    Finney O
    Sambou

CBR

Brave selection again, fingers crossed!!

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post

Ha, yes I suppose it is a little confusing but I live near Barnsley now hence the Monika. As I said, eight changes from Saturday with a few new youngsters and walking wounded back in the starting line up so most of our key players are out, although they’ll probably come on at some point. That should at least give you a chance of a good start but I suppose it depends how your manager sees it. Anyway let’s hope it’s a good game and no poor refereeing decisions!! 😉

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast