+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Ball autobiography - From Winning Teams to Broken Dreams

Dominic Ball autobiography - From Winning Teams to Broken Dreams

Just finished the book, printed this year. He mentions a few paragraphs about Rotherham. Signed by Stubbs, then Jacket came in and then Warne. When we got relegated, all the team had a relegation clause of a reduction of one third in their wages. He was warned before signing for us that we are a `proper man`s club` and would be a culture shock to him. He says he never settled in the area. Quite an honest appraisal of how he and five other academy players struggled to make it to the Premier League.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look for it. UTM

If he'd scored his penalty at Wembley, he'd be a legend here.

" proper man's club"

Still putting off players today

‘A relegation clause saying that they lose one third of their wage if the club is relegated’…..could that be another reason why Smirh didn’t want to commit to another contract with us because of our yo-yo league status?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ‘A relegation clause saying that they lose one third of their wage if the club is relegated’…..could that be another reason why Smirh didn’t want to commit to another contract with us because of our yo-yo league status?
    That was taken out of his contract offer Brin

I think I'll give it a read....sounds interesting.I'm also curious to know if he settled in Aberdeen because if a London boy can't settle in Rotherham Im at a loss to why he would in Aberdeen!

Dominic Ball

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    If he'd scored his penalty at Wembley, he'd be a legend here.
    It was David Ball who missed the penalty at Wembley I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I think I'll give it a read....sounds interesting.I'm also curious to know if he settled in Aberdeen because if a London boy can't settle in Rotherham Im at a loss to why he would in Aberdeen!
    Anywhere but rovrum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast