+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽️ VM Fantasy League 2022/2023 ⚽️

Brilliant once again Rosie. Thanks you so much. You can have a break now!

Not sure the Captain choice was too much of a disaster given that pretty much we all had him. It seemed such a no brainier playing at home against Brentford who have been poor on the road. The Prem is a bit of a weird place at the moment. Perhaps he’s not going to be such a certainty in the second half of the season. Might open things up a bit if not.

RULES REGARDING FANTASY LEAGUE TRANSFERS DURING WORLD CUP

Easier to copy and paste 😝😜🤪😛

Read our FAQs about what you can and cannot do with free Fantasy transfers during the tournament in Qatar

Related Articles

Premier League friendlies during the FIFA World Cup 2022
    FPL team news: Rodgers provides positive Maddison update
    FPL player price changes - rises, falls and top transfers in GW16
    The advent of the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar, starting on 20 November, brings a pause to the Premier League, and so to Fantasy Premier League, as well.

However, FPL managers have the opportunity to take stock of their 2022/23 seasons so far and overhaul their teams. This is because they can make unlimited free transfers after the Gameweek 16 deadline at 13:30 GMT on 12 November and the return of the Premier League on Boxing Day, for Gameweek 17.

Here is what managers need to know as they plan ahead.

Will player prices rise and fall during the FIFA World Cup 2022?
    No, player prices will be frozen during the World Cup.

What is the date of last price changes?
    The last set of price changes will occur on 13 November as a result of transfers that occurred ahead of the GW16 deadline at 11:00 GMT on 12 November. Any transfers made after the deadline will not affect player prices.

Player prices will be frozen from after the GW16 deadline until the GW17 deadline at 11:00 GMT on 26 December. Player prices will be "unfrozen" after the GW17 deadline. Any transfers made after the GW17 deadline will contribute to player price changes.

Can I roll a free transfer from GW16?
    Yes, you can roll a free transfer in GW16 or GW17 and have two free transfers going into GW18. If you make two or more transfers in GW17 then you will lose your saved transfer.

Are the number of transfers made between GW16 & GW17 added to our number of "total transfers"?
    Yes

How does the total transfers impact my team?
    The total transfers made will impact your team in the event of a tie-breaker if you’re level with another manager in a classic-scoring league at the end of the season. This doesn’t impact head-to-head leagues or Cups.

Will transfers made during the World Cup cost me any points?
    No, all transfers made after GW16 and ahead of the GW17 deadline will be free transfers and won’t cost you any points.

Is there a limit on the amount of transfers I can make during the World Cup?
    No.

Can I play any chips in GW17?
    Yes, you can play your Bench Boost, Free Hit or Triple Captain if available. But, you won’t be able to play your Wildcard.

Can I roll my Wildcard into GW17 and have two Wildcards from GW17 onwards?
    No, if you still have an available Wildcard, you must play that ahead of GW16 deadline or you will lose it.

Does the 50 per cent sell-on still exist? Will I have to pay the difference if I sell a player and then get him back in?
    The price shown on your transfers page is a player's selling price. This selling price may be less than the player's current purchase price as a sell-on fee of 50 per cent will be applied on any profits made on that player.

This remains in effect for the World Cup period. For example, Erling Haaland’s current cost is £12.1m. If you owned him at his £11.5m starting price and transferred him out, you’d receive £11.8m. However, if you then decided to bring him back, Haaland would cost you £12.1m.

⚽️🇺🇦⚽️🇺🇦⚽️ Week 17 🎄🎅🏻🥳🎄

With our managers finding themselves back in the hot seat the question is are they ready to take on the trials and tribulations of VMFL?

Along the way hopes will be dashed and reputations ruined but with all the ups and downs our Champ will be crowned in May. 🏆😜😀😝

Week 17 turned into a blockbuster.

Only 3 captains on view and you don’t need to be mind reader to guess with 17 votes Haarland was the top managers pick.

1. Rashford 28 points - Well done Picasso 👏👏👏

2. Haarland 26 points - Well played Liam for using your Triple Captain Token amassing 39 points.👏

3. DeBruyne 4 points - Hard luck TD. 😩

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

There was some amazing scoring but Mings & Ings & Tings💥 triumphed bringing great tidyings of joy to Sam💥 not only with 108 💥glorious points but the first team to break the ton this season. 👏👏👏👏👏

Joints runners up with 99 points HJ with Aston Lilla and Rosie with Brum Tings.

TOP 6💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉3. McGinn & Tonic.

👍4. Brum Tings.

👎5. Goals Aloud.

👍6. McGinn Fizz.

Top 3 remain motionless however both Iwuz and HJ go through the 1000 point barrier and HJ has closing the gap to 12 points.
    David in touch in 3rd. 🤪😛

Rosie clambers unceremoniously over Gavin and Picasso into 4th. 😝

Nuc also jumps over Picasso into 6th. 😛🤪

Picasso down to 7th. I have a feeling that Picasso’s season of goodwill towards Pep has diminished. With Mitrovic and his 15 points waiting on the bench and Foden not playing Picasso’s prayers not answered has Pep does what he always does sends him on for 1 point.🤬

RELEGATION 💩😱

👉17. Kirkley Krusaders.

👉18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

All 3 treading water. Although Dazzy has closed the gap on Oz to 2 points.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK

Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd Xl with 59 points. 😱

TOKENS

Liam - Triple Captain.

WILDCARD UPDATE

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season. The first wildcard will be available from the start of the season until Sat 12 Nov 11:00. The second wildcard will be available after Mon 26 Dec 11:00 in readiness for the January transfer window opening and remain available until the end of the season.

Gameweek 18

Friday 30th December - Team Sheets 6.15pm

Gameweek 19

Monday 2nd January - Team sheets 4pm

Gameweek 20

Friday 13th January - Team Sheets 6.30pm

Thanks for the report Rosie. Another amazing job. Congratulations Sam.

Yes, gutted to have left 15 points on the bench which would have taken me over the ton, but footy is a game of ‘what ifs’.

Brill update again Rosie!

Well done Sam on your massive points haul! Congrats to HJ and Rosie too!

Brave/good captain choice by Picasso!

I've been spending too longing re-living my WC victory and forgot this GW had started! Back to reality, Winnie.

Happy New Year everyone! xxx

Great update again. 👍 I see you have a really good side Rosie. Whos been watching fpl Rosie 😉. Haha welcome to Bongo Sam Winnie fpl nerds gang.

Well done Sam. 👏

Question ⚽️🇺🇦⚽️🇺🇦 Week 18 🇺🇦⚽️🇺🇦⚽️

With Brentford v Liverpool kicking off Gameweek 19 today at 5.30pm. I will keep the update on week 18 relatively short.

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Again only 3 captains on view and with 17 votes ‘you know who’ is the top managers pick.

1. Haarland 12 points - Yubby amassed 18 points after playing his Triple Captain token.

2. Salah 4 points - Sam.

3. DeBruyne 2 points TD.

Pep is wreaking havoc with his Man City team selections.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK AWARD 🏆

Back to back awards for Sam with Mings & Ings & Tings scoring a very respectable 63💥points.

Runner up finishing only 1 point behind with 62 points Sam’s mate Gavin with Goals Aloud. 👏👏

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👍3. Goals Aloud.

👎4. McGinn & Tonic.

👍5. Mings & Ings & Tings.

👎6. Brum Tings.

Iwuz still keeping HJ at bay. 😛

Only Way Is Up for Gavin as he replaces David in 3rd place.

David down to 4th.

Be afraid be very afraid he is back. Yes our reigning champ is up 5th.

Rosie dives literally head first down to 6th hanging on by her fingernails.

RELEGATION 😱💩

👎17. Warrioresses Win.

👍18. Barmy Army.

👎. Ozstan Villa.

Winnie back in the relegation mire probably paying for all the partying and open top bus parades after her World Cup win. 🥳🍾🥃🤪

Dazzy up to 18th and Oz rock bottom 19th.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK AWARD 💩

TD and his Lions secure their first award of the season with 29 points.

TOKENS

Iwuz - Bench Boost

Yubby - Triple Captain.

Gameweek 19 ends on Thursday 12th January. I spy Fulham and Chelsea have a double gameweek.

Amazing wrote up Rosie, you certainly earn your money over the festive period! (You should charge a fee for these write ups)

Spicy gameweek up ahead! Good luck all and happy new year

Thank you so much again, Rosie! You are a super !

Aaaagh!! Sam's back on form! Not that it affects me, being at the bottom! Well done Sam, and Gavin too!

The reflected glory of my World Cup win is the only thing standing between me and a cabbage being thrown at my head!

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Thank you so much again, Rosie! You are a super !

Aaaagh!! Sam's back on form! Not that it affects me, being at the bottom! Well done Sam, and Gavin too!

The reflected glory of my World Cup win is the only thing standing between me and a cabbage being thrown at my head!
    Well that and the fact cabbages are very expensive ATM.

Got to say, this season is very peculiar! None of the usual suspects are next to each other. Harry has had Gavin message him to say "you can hire me as a coach for a tenner" which is what Harry said to gav last year. Winnie isn't above me or below me by one space, and our teams are very different and Bongo hasn't taken a 32 point hit yet this season 😳

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)