+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vydra gone.

Vydra gone.

Another one of Dyche`s signings who was never given real game time leaves.I am not dissapointed because I think he was a bit of a dud.Scored a couple of important goals but never really got game time so maybe he could have been better.For whatever reason Dyche did not give him many starts.
    Apparently he was offered a contract which fell below his expectations.Goodbye Matej-I remember the goal against the Saints-wishing him better luck in the future.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...-news-24675375
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 04-08-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Here we go again...

Attachment 22287

Cry me a f*cking river...

I’m a bit sad to see him leave... think he could have done well for us in the championship. He was never Dyches favorite so he didn’t get game-time. Good luck to him!!

I bet someone wrote that for him- probably his agent, holding out for far too much.

Well there is now one thing that's clear as day due to V going ; we must secure at least one Striker signing as a priority now before the window shuts as the options are not going to get us enough goals. I think Mr V may find it hard to get the money he is looking for any time soon given his position and age now. I'd rather get someone younger and new to be honest.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 04-08-2022 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Well there is now one thing that's clear as day due to V going ; we must secure at least one Striker signing as a priority now before the window shuts as the options are not going to get us enough goals. I think Mr V may find it hard to get the money he is looking for any time soon given his position and age now. I'd rather get someone younger and new to be honest.
    I think Delap is on his way from Citeh Dave.They did not selll him to the Saints because Pep rates him highly but wants to loan him out for another season and who better to loan him out to than his old mucker Vinnie 25 miles up the road.

He was good a few years back at the Baggies and Watford but I don't think he ever delivered for Burnley because he wasn't prem standard by the time he arrived. One goal in ten games just ain't good enough for a striker.

Good worker, but not what you needed.

He looked what he was, a Championship striker playing a level too high. It didn't help that he was so lightweight, PL defenders didn't have to knock him off the ball, they blew him off it.

Like my Rovers supporting nan used to say about players she did not take a shine to, "He flattered to deceive!"

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    He looked what he was, a Championship striker playing a level too high. It didn't help that he was so lightweight, PL defenders didn't have to knock him off the ball, they blew him off it.
    You took the words out of my mouth Sinkov.I lost count of the number of time he fell over on the pitch and not a single player thought he had been fouled.
    It has to be said the recruitment under Garlick/Dyche was a disaster looking back.They spunked millions on players who could not make the step up and millions more on players who were clearly over the hill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)