+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Conor Coady!

Conor Coady!

Whatever happens regarding Conor Coady the man deserves the highest respect from Wolves fans. It saddens me that he may not be getting that from the Wolves board if there's any truth in the rumours that not only is he available for sale, but a loan might also be on the cards! I sincerely hope the latter is not the case. However, at the moment I don't have much confidence in the board. I can get why he maybe surplus to requirements if Wolves are going to play with a back four, but the lad has served this club with distinction and as a Captain he's up there with Mike Bailey, Emlyn Hughes, Ally Robertson and Paul Ince, all great Captains in my lifetime of supporting this grand old club.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    Whatever happens regarding Conor Coady the man deserves the highest respect from Wolves fans. It saddens me that he may not be getting that from the Wolves board if there's any truth in the rumours that not only is he available for sale, but a loan might also be on the cards! I sincerely hope the latter is not the case. However, at the moment I don't have much confidence in the board. I can get why he maybe surplus to requirements if Wolves are going to play with a back four, but the lad has served this club with distinction and as a Captain he's up there with Mike Bailey, Emlyn Hughes, Ally Robertson and Paul Ince, all great Captains in my lifetime of supporting this grand old club.
    He Is the Emlyn Hughes of this generation and a fantastic ambassador and servant to the club. I'd rather we sell him than loan him as you say he deserves that respect. I don't think it would suit him to play 20 games a season if we are to fluctuate between 4 or 5 at the back, he strikes me as a player who needs to play every week.

Would be gutted if he wasn’t selected for the World Cup because he wasn’t playing. Hope he either starts til November or we sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Would be gutted if he wasn’t selected for the World Cup because he wasn’t playing. Hope he either starts til November or we sell him.
    A bit surreal to be honest.

If Bruno wants a back 4 fair enough.

If Coady is not in his plans then we are talking a central unit of Collins and Kilmam or maybe Mosquera?

What about the fullbacks? A back four needs solid fullbacks, not cavalier wing backs.

Defensively Jonny is fine I reckon. RAN and Semedo?

Lovely going forward but backs against the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by sausagenegg View Post
    A bit surreal to be honest.

If Bruno wants a back 4 fair enough.

If Coady is not in his plans then we are talking a central unit of Collins and Kilmam or maybe Mosquera?

What about the fullbacks? A back four needs solid fullbacks, not cavalier wing backs.

Defensively Jonny is fine I reckon. RAN and Semedo?

Lovely going forward but backs against the wall?
    Spot on about RAN, his decision making for the first goal yesterday… won the ball and then started taking players on in our penalty area…

Thought he was terrible yesterday.

Not picking on the kid but he really needs to work on his defensive responsibilities.

Sounds like he completed his medical. Sad to see him go but at least the deal got done quickly. 300+ appearances in all competitions for Wolves and represented himself and the club well. I expect he’ll get a great reception when Everton visit Molineux

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Sounds like he completed his medical. Sad to see him go but at least the deal got done quickly. 300+ appearances in all competitions for Wolves and represented himself and the club well. I expect he’ll get a great reception when Everton visit Molineux
    While it hasn't been formally announced yet there's a photo of him on twitter signing shirts at the Everton ground, sounds like it'll be a loan to buy deal.

Somebody pinch me and tell me I'm dreaming....WTF is going on at Molineux ?

Read my response on the Leeds match day thread mate!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)