+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Connor O'Riordan

Connor O'Riordan

On loan at Raith Rovers till January. tells you a lot about the Scottish Championship, however good he may become, that they think a 6'4" ****ager will strengthen them at CH. (Bit different from the usual Witton Albion loan though.) We'll be monitoring him there - wonder if that'll be part of Kenny's new role as Player Development, going out to watch our loanees, and we may see less of him in Dario's old seat in the stand.

Well I believe he is an excellent prospect, and think that an extended period in a hard, competitive league will be good for him. I wish him all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Well I believe he is an excellent prospect, and think that an extended period in a hard, competitive league will be good for him. I wish him all the best.

As he was given a first team squad number and is now out on loan I do hope that means further incoming loan players as we were still short before he went out on loan ( Alex Morris words in a previous post on OS) I am also hearing we are trying to get Griffiths out on loan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    As he was given a first team squad number and is now out on loan I do hope that means further incoming loan players as we were still short before he went out on loan ( Alex Morris words in a previous post on OS) I am also hearing we are trying to get Griffiths out on loan as well.

Good luck Connor !!

Griffith's would definitely benefit from going out on loan (imho)

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Good luck Connor !!

Griffith's would definitely benefit from going out on loan (imho)
    Totally agree. If Connor can get some regular game time north of the border, it can only aid his development. And Griffiths going on loan would hopefully do the same for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair General View Post
    Totally agree. If Connor can get some regular game time north of the border, it can only aid his development. And Griffiths going on loan would hopefully do the same for him.

Connor definitely has a potential future, Griffiths on the other hand !!!! non league at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    They did say some of the young pros would go out on loan, and gave them all squad numbers. I guess we still have 5 CHs in the club - Offord, McDonald, BS-D, Williams (if not at L and Billington, though two are ****agers, and if we're not going to play a back 3 this year may feel that's enough - no doubt Connor can be recalled in a crisis. I don't think it'll be a CH coming in if anyone does, or a midfielder if Griffiths goes out - we have quite a few of them fit now, though not as many Academy products as usual.

Plus we have a maximum squad size to think about. So maybe more incoming😃

Can Finney Snr go out on loan, please