+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New shirt sponsors, HEX

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    At absolutely no point was any due diligence carried out by those who were responsible on Grove Street for signing us up to Hex.Com .

This despite the fact that this particular sector is at best an extremely controversial industry and at worst a scam .

It took a number of fans just minutes from when the deal was announced to determine this deal was toxic and detrimental to the club .

The current CEO has held the role for nearly 12 months now and whilst everyone is allowed a period to bed in and certain mistakes accepted there doesn't appear to be any improvement in the quality of his work .

The current CEO is a liability and liabilities in business come at great cost and prevent the business from becoming successful in terms of creating revenue which then places other roles in that business at great jeopardy not to mention the businesses image and reputation .

These are the current standards accepted by not all but by many fans .

There should be no well done Mr CEO for dumping this deal what so ever .

If Nareev is to become a success at this club as chairman he'd better get himself a backbone in this industry and show people the door if their work is of poor quality .

Little rich boy may well have been shielded from the realities of business life given his background but I'd suggest he learns one lesson quickly .

Keep people on who can't do their job takes everyone down .
    There are a number of fans, mainly elsewhere, who are seeking to throw a protective arm around El Ahmad saying "it's sorted", "move on", "stop the witch hunt" and similar. Nothing could be further from the truth. Those responsible need to be held to account

There is an orgy of self congratulation from the Supporters Trust Board members and praise from many that it was the Supporters Trust that brought down Hex. In fact it was ordinary fans, particularly the Rainbow Reds ( the Barnsley LGBTQ+ community fans) who complained about the abuse from Hexicans on Saturday evening on the Official Club Twitter Account. The Supporters Trust then began to speak on others behalf on Sunday morning raising the abuse and other issues.. It was confirmed on the Club Statement that it was the initial complaints from such as Rainbow Reds that they would investigate--

"Barnsley Football Club have become aware of discriminatory and abusive posts circulating on social media. The club stand firmly against all forms of abuse or discrimination and take these matters extremely seriously. Further comment will be issued once the posts have been thoroughly investigated."

This post is written just to add balance to the view that "it was the Supporters Trust wot won it"and they alone.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 13-08-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Happy birthday fellow Leo. I thought anyone that watched Emmerdale had to be over 70 already lol. Great joke about Hexit by the way - you've not lost it!
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    There are a number of fans, mainly elsewhere, who are seeking to throw a protective arm around El Ahmad saying "it's sorted", "move on", "stop the witch hunt" and similar. Nothing could be further from the truth. Those responsible need to be held to account

There is an orgy of self congratulation from the Supporters Trust Board members and praise from many that it was the Supporters Trust that brought down Hex. In fact it was ordinary fans, particularly the Rainbow Reds ( the Barnsley LGBTQ+ community fans) who complained about the abuse from Hexicans on Saturday evening on the Official Club Twitter Account. The Supporters Trust then began to speak on others behalf on Sunday morning raising the abuse and other issues.. It was confirmed on the Club Statement that it was the initial complaints from such as Rainbow Reds that they would investigate--

"Barnsley Football Club have become aware of discriminatory and abusive posts circulating on social media. The club stand firmly against all forms of abuse or discrimination and take these matters extremely seriously. Further comment will be issued once the posts have been thoroughly investigated."

This post is written just to add balance to the view that "it was the Supporters Trust wot won it"and they alone.
    Correct SB .

I'd also like to add that the removal of Conway , Lee and Hung was done by empty plastic seats at Oakwell during the final third of the season and not done by the Supporters Trust or the present board .

If ST holders had turned up during the final third of last season nothing in my opinion would have changed .

The success of this football club is purely judged on its ability not to be funded by its ownership and very little to do with results .

As you know SB I was never a Pat Cryne man but I'll say this , under his ownership the current CEO would have gone Friday afternoon with his cards in his hand irrespective of a transfer window stil open .

Linton Brown was removed from his position in the middle of a transfer window in 2017 .

Not sure if this is correct ? A buisness working under Ebay banner , are/have/considering being partners/sponsors of Barnsley Football Club ,??

Correct SB .

I'd also like to add that the removal of Conway , Lee and Hung was done by empty plastic seats at Oakwell during the final third of the season and not done by the Supporters Trust or the present board .

If ST holders had turned up during the final third of last season nothing in my opinion would have changed .

The success of this football club is purely judged on its ability not to be funded by its ownership and very little to do with results .

As you know SB I was never a Pat Cryne man but I'll say this , under his ownership the current CEO would have gone Friday afternoon with his cards in his hand irrespective of a transfer window stil open .

Linton Brown was removed from his position in the middle of a transfer window in 2017 .
    and what a 🤡
    He was 🙉

The club are doing Sterling work by giving £135 back to 135 fans. = £18225.
    Proper reward for the thousands that renewed their tickets during the pandemic……A lot of folk paid season tickets, and never attended a game, A lot of multi ticket families supported the club to preserve their seats during a pandemic and got back….
    free ifollow. And 4 flexi tickets.
    This “Spend” during the pandemic probably meant the club kept going…..They paid for 18 months of not being able to attend
    Free ifollow for all the family! All able to watch on one tv…….!,!

Some of these families who had multiple season tickets amongst them probably can’t afford their season tickets going forward now with what’s going on, and wouldn’t have had a chance to be in this seasons draw….

Call me a sceptic, but I wonder Wonder how many of the “favoured few” or ‘“Happy Clappers” have been selected as the lucky recipients of the £135… and wouldn’t that money have been better spent lowering the season tickets for all the ones that paid this season…..?

Just for info, we didn’t renew because of the cost.

A morning rant post for a change ! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Not sure if this is correct ? A buisness working under Ebay banner , are/have/considering being partners/sponsors of Barnsley Football Club ,??
    Wonder if Paypal will take a cut !!

😀😀😀

Nobody but nobody has to justify why they don't attend matches anymore unless they wish to .

People go to work and it's entirely up to them how they spend their money .

This club has no more right to fans revenue than a supermarket has for shopping .

The self righteous super fan club sycophant won't get far on this platform with me .

What a weird post .

Fake outrage then goes on to thank the Supporters Trust and club for acting on it .

A reight fan would give the club the £135 back .

Trust me they need it .
    You are the last person who would know what a 'reight' Reds fan is.

Only a few months ago you didn't want to share the same 'polluted air' as fans who went inside Oakwell to watch a match & support Barnsley through a difficult times rather than staying away in protest. Conway & Lee are still large shareholders and will benefit from any income into BFC so surely the 'not a penny more' mob are still staying away & not sneaking into Oakwell like slippery snakes after all the moral grandstanding. Surely not.

animallittle3

I'd also like to add that the removal of Conway , Lee and Hung was done by empty plastic seats at Oakwell during the final third of the season and not done by the Supporters Trust or the present board.

If ST holders had turned up during the final third of last season nothing in my opinion would have changed.
    ============================

This is untrue.

Two of the current new board members have explained how Dane Murphy informed them in August 2021 that the contract between Paul Conway & some of the shareholders Conway represented expired after 4 years which was December 2021, and that they immediately began working on securing these shares & working together to obtain a majority shareholding which is now the current board.

Fans staying away from matches achieved nothing other than help knock further the confidence of players who were already at rock bottom & the youngest squad in the championship. But what would you care? you wrote you couldn't care less if fans like you staying away led to the club going out of business "if the club dies it dies" you said, and all over a temporary blip in 135 years of ownership. So much for young Barnsley players like Marsh forging a career or young fans enjoying a lifetime of support like us older folk.

So don't insult fans with these fantasy stories to justify this crap take ownership of your own words & actions.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast