+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New shirt sponsors, HEX

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Is that what this deal is Animal a few hundred grand ? Hecks sosage products would have paid more !! It all sounds dodgy to me TBH
    I don't know Roma what the figure is to be honest but I'd imagine it would be in that kind of territory as a league one club with very little tv exposure compared to the bigger clubs .

To offer up some kind of where we are at with our finances I'm reliably informed that when we our development players played pre season away friendlies , Stocksbridge and Belper recently they had to drive themselves there / car share .

In the past the club always provided a coach given whilst they are young lads they are still professional footballers and not Sunday morning players .

It gets better , they weren't allowed to claim any petrol expenses back either .

I'm not against keeping young players grounded by any means , an afternoon with a sweeping brush on a rota basis isn't putting anyone out .

However asking young lads to drive themselves to games as professional footballers representing the club at their expense is another matter altogether .

Embarrassing .

So long as they cough up some much needed brass I couldn’t give a sh1t what their unscrupulous business tactics are.
    There are ump**** clubs with gambling companies sponsoring them and they are imo on a par with alcohol & cigarette companies - responsible for ruining peoples lifes all in the name of profit
    Beggars can’t be choosers.
    The fact we’re 1week into the season before this has been sorted out says ‘reputable’ outfit’s haven’t exactly been braying our doors down

Yeah Im not sure about them either, certainly after what Ive been reading and listening to.
    But we needed somebody in quickly, and I don't think Khaled had many (if any) other options.
    Once again, thanks to Conway & co for forcing us down this desperate path. 😬

Hex.com sponsorship........Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well, I have others.

Having watched the highlights on ITV4 and seen the new sponsor on the shirt, I have to say that it looks ridiculous. It's far too big and covers too much on the front of the shirt. I'm sure there's football league rules that stipulate how large a sponsorship logo can actually be and I reckon at first glance that ours is breaking those rules and if it isn't then the authorities need to give their eeards a shek not to mention the club too. Bloody awful looking thing ruined a nice looking home strip. Theear, av gorrit off mi chest nar

Hex coin price has fallen by 91% from where it was. We shouldn’t be linking ourselves with these smoke and mirror schemes, but like Jules says it reflects the Board.

All these ‘successful’ business people at the club and they haven’t one contact between them who will sponsor us

Freddie Lakers Airline's wudda been better wi all this earrd int cloud's stuff goowin off , don't trust this board same as last lot.

Our CEO El Ahmad has dropped another b0ll0ck in tainting the name of Barnsley FC by using the club to advertise this HEX.com mob.

I don't do Twitter but apparently the club has already disgraced itself by its official media department using the name HEX in its news. Photos of players with the huge logo celebrating the goal with the headline "HEXcellent result" made me cringe.
    This generated Twitter replies which were invaded by Hex supporters and "bot" replies, computer generated responses. The clubs Twitter account replies section has now been hi-jacked by these people, and, as was entirely predictable, they are looking to suck in Barnsley fans as HEX punters.

"For all you haters of the logo...1. Learn...2. It's designed to replicate the Hex.com price chart which goes up and to the right. You Barnsley lot must like money right? If so buy some and remind me in two years when you have made more money than sense. Average Yields 38%. Price up 10,000 times original"

I hope FFS that not one Barnsley fan falls for this and puts money in. It is a scam.

Apparently a character with the "name" of KuqiCouture is leading the BFC sponsorship on behalf of HEX. Those who have looked at his Twitter account have found him to be an unsavoury gentleman.

This is another fine mess you have got us in Khaled.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 07-08-2022 at 07:10 AM.

It's time for a big PR campaign from the club to extol the virtues of the sponsorship deal. Loko (BBS and Supporters Trust leader) has already said he overheard some chatter in the queue at the Fanzone that the money has been paid up front. It a bit like the old days when you overheard a comment in the chipoyle queue that we had signed Derek Riordan.

It is clear little or no due diligence was conducted about HEX and its founders by El Ahmad and the whole thing was rushed through. It is already sad to see the club giving its endorsement to these scammers by printing the logo on the shirt and making supportive, "jokey" remarks such as "HEXcellent" on its Official Twitter account.

Any hope of any of the Board members making a comment on this shameful deal ?

Spectemur Agendo
    Last edited by SBRed48; 08-08-2022 at 06:34 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast