+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: New shirt sponsors, HEX

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I don't know if any monies were paid by Hex to BFC , some saying they paid up front ?, they do however seem to have brought attention to themselves good or bad in the media , is this what they wanted ? there is even a column in the Football League Paper about it and also showing a photo of Luke Thomas wearing their Logo ,
    I'm not sure abart the old saying, "There is no such thing as bad publicity" applies here.

In order to keep the founder members of Hex rich they need new mugs to buy Hex "currency" and they do this through raising their profile by advertising wherever they can and people thinking, "You know what, with 38% returns I'll have a bit of that".
    This recent publicity with Barnsley has not gone the way they expected and probably will have put a lot that invest in such things off.

If Hex did pay Barnsley up front I'm sure they will claim most back as we are not fulfilling our part of the contract. We will probably make as much from the Leeds game as the contract was worth anyway.

It's odd to see Loko, (Supporters Trust leader) and some friends discussing/ rejoicing/ boasting what killings they have made investing in other crypto currency. As with bookmakers any money made will have come from the pockets of those that lost.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-08-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponty End View Post
    You have to laugh at the biggest homophobes in town with all this fake outrage regarding the Hex deal.
    (Just in case Ponty has missed previous posts on this---)

Arblaster asked the question (Post 95) "Would you like to explain what you mean by that first sentence in your post Ponty ?"

For the avoidance of doubt the first sentence is quoted above from Post 93. Friday 12th August.

He still does not seem to have had a reply.

"Take ownership of your own words" someone recently posted on here.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-08-2022 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The only fantasy is that you believe those in high positions on Grove Street actually care about you .

They don't , they care about how much money they can extract from you so that they don't have to use their own money to somehow extract a profit in the future .

The only reason they acted on Lee , Hung and Conway was because there was a great threat emerging that the club's financial position with fans not attending and likely not to renew ST's this season meant they would have to make up the shortfall from their own pockets or place the club in administration .

Nobody but nobody lifted a finger last summer with the way Conway was trashing the club , not a peep .
    I wrote a post giving a modicum of praise to Khaled & the supporters trust and awaited the abuse. And of course you provided some first, but quite bizarre you have labelled me as not a 'reight' fan because i am not giving the £135 i won in the club draw straight back to your mate Conway & all the other millionaire shareholders of the club, but thanks for the free financial advice.

As for last summer, do you really think the approach should have been..... "Conway we want you out of the club because a few weeks ago we were two matches away from going up to the Premier League & have just had our best season for over 2 decades?".... and remember this was due to the excellent signings of Ismael, Helik, Morris, Brittain & Dike & also by refusing to sell & cash in on Woodrow & Mowatt......you just aren't making sense & are rewriting history as that wasn't the position of the club at all, we had a large increase in season tickets & hope for another good season (or a least we did up-to the poaching of Ismael).

The problem with most of your posts is that you are so consumed by hatred for Conway (and now the rest of the board it seems) you are incapable of properly assessing the issues at BFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Would you like to explain what you mean by the first sentence in your post Ponty?
    I thought it was clear enough, i know some barnsley fans who make homophobic comments but are now outraged at the Hex deal due to the homophobic comments of Hex employees.

Seems more likely they are using this as an opportunity to bash Khaled, some fans like to have an hate figure at BFC & with their favourite Conway now off the board Khaled is the man first in the firing line.

You have to laugh at the biggest homophobes in town with all this fake outrage regarding the Hex deal.

)
    I realise you are attempting and hoping to skip past your comment above with a short glib answer in Post 124 but you are purposely avoiding a full answer and trying to divert attention onto other things like Khaled and Conway. Posters on here are unlikely to accept that. The are two issues within your comment quoted above--

1. The context of the remarks are written in is a debate about the Hex affair by TykesMad members. Can you give two or three examples of the "biggest homophobes in town" in the TykesMad community and provide some evidence to support that claim. Or are you now trying to backtrack on that ?

2 Why is any condemnation of the Hex deal "fake outrage" amongst those on this board and elsewhere rather than sincerely held beliefs ? Does this "fake outrage" also apply to any other individuals and groups or just TykesMad members?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-08-2022 at 06:34 AM.

Hey while you lot from the taarn are chucking the comical dung at each other on here...
    I'm still waiting for a gin & orange, a lemon squash, and a scotch & water please!!.
    (where's Basil Fawlty when you need him)
    Last edited by Acido; 17-08-2022 at 07:56 AM.

As for last summer, do you really think the approach should have been..... "Conway we want you out of the club .
    Ah last summer, 2021, that would be the time Conway refused to extend Dane Murphy's contract, made himself CEO, appointed Schopp as Head Coach and went out on his own to sign Cole, Oulare and Iseka. It sowed the seeds for bottom position on 30 pts and relegation. The Investor Group Conway represented certainly wanted him out of the club.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-08-2022 at 01:47 PM.

I thought it was clear enough, i know some barnsley fans who make homophobic comments but are now outraged at the Hex deal due to the homophobic comments of Hex employees.

Seems more likely they are using this as an opportunity to bash Khaled, some fans like to have an hate figure at BFC & with their favourite Conway now off the board Khaled is the man first in the firing line.
    It would be rather pleasant if the CEO actually provided quality work for his huge salary .

Perhaps if he did instead of having a long line of catastrophes he wouldn't get bashed .

It would appear you are only capable of critical thinking when it comes to the rank and file , homophobic fans and Protest Groups for instance or anybody who knocks the club .

When it comes to the suits in the office they can't do anything wrong .

However to be fair there's generally one in every work place , commonly known as the workplace ass licker .

As pathetic a specimen as you'll see .

I wonder what progress is being made on the following---

1, On Saturday evening, 6th of August, following the Cheltenham game, BFC, on it's Official Twitter Account, published a photo of players celebrating the goal prominently displaying the HEX logo under the heading "HEXcellent result". Twitter replies quickly descended into mainly homophobic abuse by "Hexicans" resulting in individual fans and groups such as Rainbow Reds complaining to the club.

2 By Sunday/ Monday 7th and 8th the Supporters Trust got itself involved and issued a statement not only condemning the abuse but adding other issues, notably asking the club--
    ---Which parties from HEX and which parties from BFC agreed to the partnership ?
    ---What due diligence was taken regarding the history of the company ?

3 By Friday 12th the club responded to the Twitter complaints by ending the HEX sponsorship but only a neutral comment on the other issues saying "Further comment will be issued in due course".

I hope the Supporters Trust continue to seek answers on who did the deal and what due diligence was undertaken as some fans are now seeking to "move on" and not hold a "witch-hunt".
    I will update fans on what, if any, progress is being made by both BFC and the Supporters Trust on this matter so it does not just fade away over the coming days/ weeks as some hope it will.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-08-2022 at 07:12 AM.

But well done to Khaled for responding & also the lads running the supporters trust who get hammered by morons whatever they do but seem to give up loads of their own time up for fans especially on match days & manage to get things done with intelligence rather than acting like gob****es.

But the biggest well done to BFC is for the signing of Duff, it was clear from day one we have a real gem our hands here with confirmation from cheltenham fans & players, we won't set the league alight this season but we will make steady progress with Duff in charge.

Also i got a call from Andrea at BFC to tell me i had been drawn out of the 135 draw & would get a £135 refund on my season ticket, so another well done to BFC.

(Sorry Tykeschat this is far too upbeat for here)
    I don’t want to drag this post out Ponty. At the time I just wanted to understand what you had meant by your words because it was, as SB has said, a very glib statement for which you have not provided any information or evidence to base your statement on, other than your own hearsay. And your response has provided no further detail as regards the statement you made, so I would like to clarify who you are referring to when you say ‘the biggest homophobes in town’. Are you linking this generalised, accusatory remark with people on this forum? Hence my original request for you to clarify your statement.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast