+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: New shirt sponsors, HEX

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I realise you are attempting and hoping to skip past your comment above with a short glib answer in Post 124 but you are purposely avoiding a full answer and trying to divert attention onto other things like Khaled and Conway. Posters on here are unlikely to accept that. The are two issues within your comment quoted above--

1. The context of the remarks are written in is a debate about the Hex affair by TykesMad members. Can you give two or three examples of the "biggest homophobes in town" in the TykesMad community and provide some evidence to support that claim. Or are you now trying to backtrack on that ?

2 Why is any condemnation of the Hex deal "fake outrage" amongst those on this board and elsewhere rather than sincerely held beliefs ? Does this "fake outrage" also apply to any other individuals and groups or just TykesMad members?
    It would be useful if you read what i have written before wasting both our times on unnecessary posts. I repeat, i know homophobes who were making out they were offended by homophobic posts which in my opinion is fake outrage, i didn't make any reference to anyone onTykesMad, i have no idea if anyone on Tykesmad is a homophobe as i don't know anyone personally on TykesMad. As for posters on here unlikely to accept what i have written, well surely by now you know i couldn't give a monkeys about that, if you tell the truth & are honest you don't need to worry about what others say, write or think.
    Last edited by Ponty End; 20-08-2022 at 01:07 AM.

Ah last summer, 2021, that would be the time Conway refused to extend Dane Murphy's contract, made himself CEO, appointed Schopp as Head Coach and went out on his own to sign Cole, Oulare and Iseka. It sowed the seeds for bottom position on 30 pts and relegation. The Investor Group Conway represented certainly wanted him out of the club.

Last summer was just weeks after we had achieved our best season for 21 years & our 3rd highest position in 134 years so the atmosphere among fans was generally positive & season ticket sales increased. This was thanks to Conways Barnsley putting together an excellent squad & management team, and also Conway refusing to cash in on flogging Mowatt & Woodrow for a few million. We didn't know at the time that the signings of Oulare etc would be so poor although Benson is starting to show his potential. This is why the Conway Group failed badly, as it didn't make sense just a few months after such a successful season & the instigators talked as if we had just experienced 3 consecutive relegations rather than a play off to the prem season.

You are correct to say the Investor Group starting plotting to oust Conway last summer, this is based on comments from the new board who have stated that Dane Murphy let it be known Conways investor group contract expired in December 2021. I don't have any further detail on this, maybe someone else does.
    Last edited by Ponty End; 20-08-2022 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I am actually a reight fan Ponty and I'll tell you why .

I've still enough interest to actually watch the games , I don't have to , there's not one single game on a Saturday afternoon or midweek that I can't watch , not one .

I've still enough interest to contribute to this board every day and talk incessantly about all things BFC at work , in the pub and at home with my partner .

The wins make me happy and the defeats hurt .

I also get very angry when things aren't done right at the club , in other words I care and if I care then I'm still a fan .

What I actually am is a very poor consumer and customer and given almost every football club now considers everyone to be nothing more than consumers and customers your words have very little actual meaning .

I'm a poor consumer and customer because the ownership at this club seek to profit at a point in the future without investing their own personal funds in to the club .

So given the club considers me to be no more than a consumer and a customer I have a fundamental right to withdraw from remaining a consumer or a customer and in business the customer is always right .

The only person who can remove my fan status is myself by not having any interest in Barnsley Football Club what so ever .
    This post might have some credibility if the person who wrote it wasn't not so long ago throwing abuse at Reds fans for committing the crime of attending Barnsley matches at Oakwell, he said he didn't want to mix with the "polluted air" of the "nodding dogs" inside Oakwell. I don't understand why posters on here let him get away with such abusive nasty comments & carry on as if they weren't made.

If anyone doesn't want to attend matches fair enough but animallittle3 thinks he can bully everyone on Tykesmad & beyond into joining the 'not a penny more' campaign that in his own words could lead to the end of BFC. He is such a "reight fan" he said "well if the club dies it dies" and all because we were having temporary ownership problems, not a bloke you want to be in the trenches with.

Whoever owns BFC many bills have to be paid, the upkeep of the ground the academy & not just a hefty wage bill for players but many others all who animallittle3 was prepared to throw on the scrapheap, i.e. club coaches, office staff, club shop staff, catering staff, security & car park staff.

So no, not a "reight fan" at all, irrespective of how much time he spends on Tykesmad. He should retract his abusive comments aimed at Reds fans, perhaps he could explain how he got caught up in the moment & was misguided by misinformation, perhaps.
    Last edited by Ponty End; 20-08-2022 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponty End View Post
    It would be useful if you read what i have written before wasting both our times on unnecessary posts. I repeat, i know homophobes who were making out they were offended by homophobic posts which in my opinion is fake outrage, i didn't make any reference to anyone onTykesMad, i have no idea if anyone on Tykesmad is a homophobe as i don't know anyone personally on TykesMad. As for posters on here unlikely to accept what i have written, well surely by now you know i couldn't give a monkeys about that, if you tell the truth & are honest you don't need to worry about what others say, write or think.
    I'll assume that as your answer to Arblaster as you have still not answered his polite question directly. (Post 130)
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-08-2022 at 05:53 AM.

This post might have some credibility if the person who wrote it wasn't not so long ago throwing abuse at Reds fans for committing the crime of attending Barnsley matches at Oakwell, he said he didn't want to mix with the "polluted air" of the "nodding dogs" inside Oakwell. I don't understand why posters on here let him get away with such abusive nasty comments & carry on as if they weren't made.

If anyone doesn't want to attend matches fair enough but animallittle3 thinks he can bully everyone on Tykesmad & beyond into joining the 'not a penny more' campaign that in his own words could lead to the end of BFC. He is such a "reight fan" he said "well if the club dies it dies" and all because we were having temporary ownership problems, not a bloke you want to be in the trenches with.

Whoever owns BFC many bills have to be paid, the upkeep of the ground the academy & not just a hefty wage bill for players but many others all who animallittle3 was prepared to throw on the scrapheap, i.e. club coaches, office staff, club shop staff, catering staff, security & car park staff.

So no, not a "reight fan" at all, irrespective of how much time he spends on Tykesmad. He should retract his abusive comments aimed at Reds fans, perhaps he could explain how he got caught up in the moment & was misguided by misinformation, perhaps.
    The only mindset that's misguided perhaps belongs to yourself Ponty .

The only person who was prepared to throw the club on the scrapheap , it's history , it's placing in the heart of the town and community and it's means to pay its liabilities was one Paul Conway and supported by Chien Lee , Grace Hung and to a lesser extent members of the current board .

When Luke Goddard began his " Conway Out " protest group you suddenly magically appeared on this forum and refered to him as a " Gob****e and trouble causer " and didn't want your Saturday afternoon spoiled by such actions .

For the record I don't bully anyone in to keeping away from Oakwell , however I do have a problem with people who condemn protest not only on this particular matter but in general .

I certainly have a problem with people who have a extreme right wing mindset especially the type who insist you swear total allegiance to the fuhrer , motherland and shut down criticism with a Gestapo type mindset plus aren't too convincing condemning homophobia when a minority group of Barnsley supporters are a victim of it .

The way the club was trashed last season whilst you sat complicity in your seat led me to believe you deserved to see the club die , you and a number of your ilk that frequent Oakwell and one is way too many and the type I seriously don't want to be around on a Saturday afternoon .

Not everyone who currently frequents Oakwell by the way , just your tribe of supporter and you personally .

Now go back to your bunker and remember how that ended for the citizens of that particular country .

I'll assume that as your answer to Arblaster as you have still not answered his polite question directly. (Post 130)
    Yep I'll accept that as Ponty's answer SB. It's good that he's clarified that his comment wasn't aimed at anyone on the forum but why say it on here. Why not approach the homophobes he says he knows directly and challenge their ideas /actions. Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The only mindset that's misguided perhaps belongs to yourself Ponty .

The only person who was prepared to throw the club on the scrapheap , it's history , it's placing in the heart of the town and community and it's means to pay its liabilities was one Paul Conway and supported by Chien Lee , Grace Hung and to a lesser extent members of the current board .

When Luke Goddard began his " Conway Out " protest group you suddenly magically appeared on this forum and refered to him as a " Gob****e and trouble causer " and didn't want your Saturday afternoon spoiled by such actions .

For the record I don't bully anyone in to keeping away from Oakwell , however I do have a problem with people who condemn protest not only on this particular matter but in general .

I certainly have a problem with people who have a extreme right wing mindset especially the type who insist you swear total allegiance to the fuhrer , motherland and shut down criticism with a Gestapo type mindset plus aren't too convincing condemning homophobia when a minority group of Barnsley supporters are a victim of it .

The way the club was trashed last season whilst you sat complicity in your seat led me to believe you deserved to see the club die , you and a number of your ilk that frequent Oakwell and one is way too many and the type I seriously don't want to be around on a Saturday afternoon .

Not everyone who currently frequents Oakwell by the way , just your tribe of supporter and you personally .

Now go back to your bunker and remember how that ended for the citizens of that particular country .

This post is a load of twaddle with ramblings about the Gestapo. And the reason you are so bitter? because you actually believed all the garbage from the Conway Out group about local buyers waiting in the wings to purchase BFC.

And incredibly you still believed them even after the 'potential buyers' announced they had nothing to do with the 'Conway Out' group by writing a statement on the 'Conway Out' Facebook page (of all places) with very similar grammar to the Conway Out statements, strange eh? comical even.

Now you have a loathing towards Reds fans who saw this for what it was & weren't prepared to stay away from BFC matches based on a 'fairies at the bottom of the garden' plan. I presume all this nonsense you write is to try & cover up the embarrassment of becoming such a gullible fool.

Oh, and i never wrote i was against club protests, i pointed out they should take place at anytime other than during matches as they were a boost to the opposition, but you twisted my words and wrote something about Nazi Germany. A normal day on Tykesmad.
    Last edited by Ponty End; 27-08-2022 at 01:37 AM.

I guess your owner could now say I put a HEX on you 😎

your doing exact same as you claim Animal is.

as your comment if the team goes under, then it goes under i have no sympathy for any team anymore if it means move to a smaller stadium with less running costs then move. as a club we are no longer big enough or good enough to be in the championship and with what ive seen so far we will struggle in this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314