+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Dons v St Mirren

The issue with Scales is that if he does well for us, the price goes up and also interest from other teams.

I just hope we have the scouting in place to identify a replacement if we are not able to sign him.

Going by what I have seen of him I am amazed he hasn't managed more games for Celtic, seems as good if not better than some of their current first choice players.

I'm sure he wont come cheap if we are to sign him. Tims bought him for over half a million and he's on a four year contract. Boy really is a decent prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I'm sure he wont come cheap if we are to sign him. Tims bought him for over half a million and he's on a four year contract. Boy really is a decent prospect.
    The boy will do well for us BUT this whole thing reeks of the Christie situation to me , we give him a year of first team football then we are back to square one and they have a bloody good player on their hands ready to hit the ground running for them next season.

The idea of loan/borrow of player from a team in same league does not sit well with me.
    If the player cannot be signed permanently at the end of this period then it is even worse.
    However, if the player improves us over the season and our new recruitment strategy and personnel can use this season to identify a similar or better player to play in this role AND can be signed up at end of season, then that sits a bit better with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    The idea of loan/borrow of player from a team in same league does not sit well with me.
    If the player cannot be signed permanently at the end of this period then it is even worse.
    However, if the player improves us over the season and our new recruitment strategy and personnel can use this season to identify a similar or better player to play in this role AND can be signed up at end of season, then that sits a bit better with me.
    By what I have seen he certainly improves us, but not having him for three, potentially 4 league games a season against the tims will seriously weaken us in the fight for the title, so for that reason we need just stop the loaning/borrowing of players to clubs in the same division, just makes things easier all round for everyone.
    Just sell him to us with a decent % sell on clause for them (not ideal), but that way we get a decent player (in theory) and then both clubs could benefit if it works out well.

£1m will be enough to sign this lad from Celtic. Get it done Aberdeen, it makes sense. Tell them we will give them Bates on loan until the end of the season but stipulate he must come back a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    £1m will be enough to sign this lad from Celtic. Get it done Aberdeen, it makes sense. Tell them we will give them Bates on loan until the end of the season but stipulate he must play in games against us.
    fify

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    fify

We should be charging Celtic for developing their players (We can always issue a refund on the likes of Montgomery). It would be a nice little earner.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910