+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Cheltenham, match thoughts

Barnsley v Cheltenham Town Match Thoughts

Benson and Wolfe missing through injury and Kane long term gives us a problem in the central midfield area tomorrow .

You could argue that the central midfield area is a problem with everyone fit but that's probably another debate .

I think Luke Thomas may well start with Styles and Connell .

Williams and Cadden providing the support .

I think McCarthy , Andersen and Kitching will be the back three .

Whether Norwood starts tomorrow I obviously don't know but he needs to in my opinion even if it's only for an hour .

I'd kindly suggest a decent performance , some sweat on those Red shirts and hopefully a win wouldn't go amiss .

Anything resembling last week's lacklustre effort and result may find the paying customers getting rather agitated even this early in the season and a supposedly new broom .

Keith Hill lost his first two home games with a budget cut to next to nowt and didn't receive much sympathy and that was in the championship with lower expectations .

Be lucky Michael .

Its a risk starting with Styles as his attitude and effort has been questionable.
    Id like it to work out for Thomas, but once again its also down to the player, and hes had his issues.
    I dun't know if Norwood will start, but has he got 45 minutes in him at the moment. Maybe the new lad Tedic could be somebody to throw up front in the last 15 minutes of games, and surely he can't be any worse than messrs Cole and Iseka and Oulare!.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Benson and Wolfe missing through injury and Kane long term gives us a problem in the central midfield area tomorrow .

You could argue that the central midfield area is a problem with everyone fit but that's probably another debate .

I think Luke Thomas may well start with Styles and Connell .

Williams and Cadden providing the support .

I think McCarthy , Andersen and Kitching will be the back three .

Whether Norwood starts tomorrow I obviously don't know but he needs to in my opinion even if it's only for an hour .

I'd kindly suggest a decent performance , some sweat on those Red shirts and hopefully a win wouldn't go amiss .

Anything resembling last week's lacklustre effort and result may find the paying customers getting rather agitated even this early in the season and a supposedly new broom .

Keith Hill lost his first two home games with a budget cut to next to nowt and didn't receive much sympathy and that was in the championship with lower expectations .

Be lucky Michael .

Whilst I probably share the same views as you on Keith Hill judging by what's been written by both of us on here over the years, I have to stress that the boos after his first two home defeats came from a minority.

I think the vast majority of Barnsley fans can appreciate the job that Duff has taken on here and know that there's no overnight fix to the problems that we have. However, I also understand how the modern day football fan thinks. As with KH, a chorus of boos from a minority after three games does make loud noises even though it doesn't reflect the overall feeling by any means. I reckon Duff is aware of the task in hand here and is comfortable with it, otherwise he wouldn't have taken this job on imo.

As for the game tomorrow. Who knows? What tactics will we employ? What are the confidence levels like? Will complacency perhaps play a part or is there enough hunger there for a fight? Will Cheltenham come here with added impetus and a point to prove following the departure of their much loved manager? Are we still hung over as a football club after last seasons debacle?

There's lots and lots of unanswered questions in which only time will tell as to whether we can answer them in a positive fashion. Who knows? This is a difficult period for the football club and we need some big character out there from the whole squad rather than players who hide away from responsibility. Duff has to instill the correct attitude and we take it from there. Results are secondary to me at this point. I just want to see heart and fight out there and whatever will be will be.

I go along with most of that Pass apart from results are secondary bit , The team has certainly lost the winning habit these last 12 months , when going a goal down players heads seem to drop , it's points we need no matter how we achieve that , it's OK saying give em 10/15 games or so , by that time we could be well cut adrift and morale even lower than it is now , a scruffy one nil or 2 is what we need ,

Name:  7F42ECED-C9EA-46EF-8F50-C54B62F5674D.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  15.8 KB

Subs: Walton (GK), Cundy, Moon, Hondermarck, Connell, Marsh, Cole.

Interesting 🤔

Looks like Iseka's run his race here by the looks of it .

Just to say good luck to Luke Thomas today , as someone whose suffered with mental health in the past I know how difficult things can get , nice to see the lad back in a red shirt .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Looks like Iseka's run his race here by the looks of it .

Just to say good luck to Luke Thomas today , as someone whose suffered with mental health in the past I know how difficult things can get , nice to see the lad back in a red shirt .
    Here here. I still think Luke has plenty to offer here.

Let’s hope scoring gives Luke Thomas the confidence boost to settle him down and get more goals.

A working win for me , we were easily the better team although Cheltenham had one or two decent spells .

A fine performance from Luke Thomas and easily MOM and took his goal really well , the lad worked hard all afternoon and provided any quality we did have .

We all know we need to improve up top and carry more threat , Stendel's team would have put Cheltenham in the four or five club in my opinion .

As I say a working win and much needed .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast