+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alex Jones

Alex Jones

Nice to see the man behind infowars finally brought to book and exposed as the charlatan he is. He may believe some of the conspiracy theories he peddles but his real intent seems to have been to fleece money from those he has duped for his own personal gain. (Doubtless Robus will disagree &#128512.

Of course the state will not always tell the truth but people like Jones take any grains of genuine concern and distrust and magnify them out of all proportion for their own ends and to push their own agenda. The real question is perhaps why so many buy into these beliefs. Only in America eh?

I wouldn't say it's only in USA.
    Misinformation is everywhere now. A person needs to be very careful where they get their information from nowadays.
    Gullible people especially need to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I wouldn't say it's only in USA.
    Misinformation is everywhere now. A person needs to be very careful where they get their information from nowadays.
    Gullible people especially need to be careful.
    True-but the problem is that gullible people are rarely careful!

Imagine being that family, losing your child and then reading that it's all fake and you're a crisis actor. And the ongoing harassment they received from those that believed what was peddled.

Great to see some proper punishment for that sort of thing. Misinformation really can be damaging.

I can't get my head around how his legal team leaked his entire phone to the opposite legal team and then made no effort to make it privileged. Either they were terribly incompetent, or they weren't acting in his interest.

Who's going to be presenting the One Show now then?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    True-but the problem is that gullible people are rarely careful!
    Does explain a lot in the world.....the whole world is gullible and then outraged and offended by what goes on....and wants to blame everybody else for their their own short comings.....

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Imagine being that family, losing your child and then reading that it's all fake and you're a crisis actor. And the ongoing harassment they received from those that believed what was peddled.

Great to see some proper punishment for that sort of thing. Misinformation really can be damaging.

I can't get my head around how his legal team leaked his entire phone to the opposite legal team and then made no effort to make it privileged. Either they were terribly incompetent, or they weren't acting in his interest.
    I am sure there is a law that will allow him to sue his legal team and recoup the money he has to pay out....America is one big circus devoted to money.....

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Who's going to be presenting the One Show now then?
    I haven’t seen the One Show for several years. I understand she has had a family but blimey she really has gone downhill since I last saw her based on her picture on the news!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)