+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palace v Arsenal

Palace v Arsenal

Just turned this on.
    What the hell are Arsenal doing in a Tottenham kit?

Just adjusted my colour contrast - it's a very pale pink shirt. But makes them look like Spurs with the navy blue shorts. Don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Just adjusted my colour contrast - it's a very pale pink shirt. But makes them look like Spurs with the navy blue shorts. Don't like it.
    Someone high up makes a desciion on kit design, who haven't got a clue just like whoever chose our kit

Yeah it's really easy to get a kit design that is universally liked every single season.

Good win in a traditionally tricky fixture for the Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Someone high up makes a desciion on kit design, who haven't got a clue just like whoever chose our kit
    Yet our away kit has seen the most sales of any kit in the last decade. Unless of course you don’t believe Jason Turner.

A lot of the time, the manufacturer picks the kits for the club. Nike basically has a couple of templates and says pick one. It's why England kits now are so boring.

At least with Notts, I am pretty sure we get a bespoke design on the home kit, which is a fairly sweet deal from Puma really. I might be mistaken but I'm sure it's not off the peg as that's why it takes until December to get more

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    A lot of the time, the manufacturer picks the kits for the club. Nike basically has a couple of templates and says pick one. It's why England kits now are so boring.

At least with Notts, I am pretty sure we get a bespoke design on the home kit, which is a fairly sweet deal from Puma really. I might be mistaken but I'm sure it's not off the peg as that's why it takes until December to get more
    Was trying to understand myself how it takes so long!!! For all the record sales, they are going to miss out on as many if this is accurate

I don't mind our home shirt, but I'd much prefer just a simple black and white striped one. Less is more, but clubs often think they have to reinvent the wheel each summer.

The last shirt I bought was the Nolan playoff season one for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Yet our away kit has seen the most sales of any kit in the last decade. Unless of course you don’t believe Jason Turner.
    Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story

I do think the sponsor makes a difference in shirt sales.

Nothing against SAPA but it wasn’t a shirt I bought. Same for the Ladbrokes one.

I remember talking to a guy many years ago I thought was a Bolton fan, but he just bought the shirt as it was sponsored by reebok.

The away shirt will surely be boosted by Jake Bugg sponsorship.

Seeing the likes of no nonsense Matt Redmile putting a forward into the stands with “forward pest control” as sponsor would have brought on a smile.
    Last edited by The_Don_ORiordan; 06-08-2022 at 09:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast