+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Livi (h)....... (not away)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Thing is though that should we somehow pull it off and qualify for the group stages, then we’re gonna have a helluva lot of Sunday/Thursday/Sunday to deal with. We need to get the finger out and deal with it. Hearts away on Sunday is not one I’m currently looking forward to frankly……………..
    Yip. That's what comes with Europe though, isn't it? Hopefully if we do end up making it (which I don't think we will) we'll accustom ourselves to the rigours of Thurs/Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Fair point.

What's troubling me though is... I rate most of the players we are playing, and the back-up is far from shabby.

We have upgraded every season now for a good few years , yet we still can't seem to get a decent blend.

Is it the players? Is it what they are being asked to do? I honestly have no idea. But............. The players we have, whether it be experience, youth, skill etc are far better (IMO obvs) than most of the teams we struggle to match.

No matter what we think about our last few managers, the team still seems to lack something. I have no idea what is missing. It isn't another forward, or a defensive mid , or another centre back/full back for cover. (although , I'd take them)

The enigma that is Dundee United continues. Hopefully JR can see something I can't and is quietly working things out.

PS: Enjoy The Dam, all you travelers, (lucky currants) have a great time, and fingers crossed, we can raise the level again.
    When I watch some other teams they seem to have a defined style, a way a playing that will get them results, and generally I don't see that with us, with the exception of when we set up differently to play so called better sides. I don't think we've looked coached for quite a while now in how to work the ball into positions where we're going to hurt so called lesser sides. Ross is very experienced and he'll see that, the question is how long it'll take him to get us playing well.

A very big week now for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Fair point.

What's troubling me though is... I rate most of the players we are playing, and the back-up is far from shabby.

We have upgraded every season now for a good few years , yet we still can't seem to get a decent blend.

Is it the players? Is it what they are being asked to do? I honestly have no idea. But............. The players we have, whether it be experience, youth, skill etc are far better (IMO obvs) than most of the teams we struggle to match.

No matter what we think about our last few managers, the team still seems to lack something. I have no idea what is missing. It isn't another forward, or a defensive mid , or another centre back/full back for cover. (although , I'd take them)

The enigma that is Dundee United continues. Hopefully JR can see something I can't and is quietly working things out.

PS: Enjoy The Dam, all you travelers, (lucky currants) have a great time, and fingers crossed, we can raise the level again.
    Just to add to the equation, seen a few posts getting on Watts case, but he was the top scorer in the league at Well for a reason.
    Why isn't he scoring for us? Because Courts didn't know how to coach a system that created chances for him. Ross is going to need a bit of time to work it all out imo.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    When I watch some other teams they seem to have a defined style, a way a playing that will get them results, and generally I don't see that with us, with the exception of when we set up differently to play so called better sides. I don't think we've looked coached for quite a while now in how to work the ball into positions where we're going to hurt so called lesser sides. Ross is very experienced and he'll see that, the question is how long it'll take him to get us playing well.

A very big week now for us.
    Thought we looked very well drilled against Killie. Players knew their roles in the team and it was night and day compared to last season. Had it not been for the red card we were comfortable winning that game.

AZ we looked amazing. Again, players knew their roles and stuck to them. There was a game plan and we executed it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Thought we looked very well drilled against Killie. Players knew their roles in the team and it was night and day compared to last season. Had it not been for the red card we were comfortable winning that game.

AZ we looked amazing. Again, players knew their roles and stuck to them. There was a game plan and we executed it perfectly.
    True, but v Killie we didn't score twice. It was a case of the same as before ie not ramming home a 1-0 advantage. 2-0 before the red, they don't get a draw, so my point about breaking teams down is valid surely? Then we decided to defend on the 18 yard line because we couldn't create anything with 10 men.
    With the quality we've got we still cough up possession far too easily. I think Ross will change that but he's only just in the door.

The way Both league games have panned out has been frustrating to say the least. Will be a tougher competition This season to qualify for top 6 split.

True, but v Killie we didn't score twice. It was a case of the same as before ie not ramming home a 1-0 advantage. 2-0 before the red, they don't get a draw, so my point about breaking teams down is valid surely? Then we decided to defend on the 18 yard line because we couldn't create anything with 10 men.
    With the quality we've got we still cough up possession far too easily. I think Ross will change that but he's only just in the door.
    You didn't mention breaking teams down in the post I quoted though? A 'defined style', a 'way of playing that gets results' and 'I don't think we've looked coached for a while now' is what you said. That what I was referring to in my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    You didn't mention breaking teams down in the post I quoted though? A 'defined style', a 'way of playing that gets results' and 'I don't think we've looked coached for a while now' is what you said. That what I was referring to in my reply.
    I think I did. I said "....in how to work the ball into positions where we're going to hurt so called lesser sides...."

That sounds like breaking teams down to me.
    Carry on though 😎

I think I did. I said "....in how to work the ball into positions where we're going to hurt so called lesser sides...."

That sounds like breaking teams down to me.
    Carry on though 😎
    Carry on though?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)