+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Livi (h)....... (not away)

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Worst thing about yesterday was it was all so damn predictable, from the sluggish first 50 minutes euro hangover to how the game would pan out was we gifted them the lead (taking nothing away from the strike). Seen that livi Utd storyline on repeat a few times the last 3-4 years.

The fact we have brought all these attacking players in and at the end were still relying on Nicky Clark (no disrespect intended) to get us a goal says it all.

Levitt looked tired, Middleton and watt (probably got a nose bleed second half when finding himself in box) were anon first half, fletcher tried hard with little support, McGrath always showed for ball and tried to get involved but didn’t happen for him and like levitt got too deep. Cujoe done well.

I said pre season our full backs weren’t great and could do with upgrade, hopefully Aussie fits the bill, but think it’s a cop out to blame them for attacking woes today, don’t think Liam smith is as bad as made out.

Lastly was disappointed meekison didn’t replace harkes today, he gets forward and played well end of season. Not a great vote of confidence in him today.
    Think its pretty obvious Ross dost rate any of our academy players, he wants to replace them with new (expensive) signings

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Liam Smith yesterday compared to Thursday was like a different player. Maybe didn't cope too well with the quick closing down from Livi but I thought he was terrible yesterday to be honest.
    Yip, Terrible yesterday. Not sure why Freeman is being kept out of the team. He offers far more going forward than Smith ever has. We were crying out for his driving runs in the second half yesterday.

On the other side, the sooner Behich can play the better. McMann is absolute horse****. What exactly was he doing at the goal yesterday? He made a half arse challenge for the ball that landed him on his arse. He then sat on his arse watching play in front of him which meant by the time the ball broke back out, he was so far off it that the Livi player easily took the ball back off him and made the assist. Terrible, lazy defending.

As disappointing as yesterday was, I predicted it. It was a very 'Utd' performance after such a high in midweek.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 08-08-2022 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Think its pretty obvious Ross dost rate any of our academy players, he wants to replace them with new (expensive) signings
    Would you have been happier if we hadn't signed anyone and relied on the youth? Genuine question

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Would you have been happier if we hadn't signed anyone and relied on the youth? Genuine question
    there is a balance to strike, shipping them all out isnt striking a balance i would say. Never mind what our wages to earnings bill is going to be. lose to Heart on Sunday and we could be bottom of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    there is a balance to strike, shipping them all out isnt striking a balance i would say. Never mind what our wages to earnings bill is going to be. lose to Heart on Sunday and we could be bottom of the league.
    We haven't shipped then all out though? Five on the bench and one in the starting line up yesterday. Are you more worried about wages or league position? Kind of hard to tell from your post.

Not really a surprise, thought a draw at best, they had all week to prepare and give an energetic display, will make it sweeter if we dump them out the league cup, which I reckon we will for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Not really a surprise, thought a draw at best, they had all week to prepare and give an energetic display, will make it sweeter if we dump them out the league cup, which I reckon we will for some reason
    Yes, it was a surprise to discover that we haven't improved one iota since last season.

The difference is that were not going to get the luck we did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by no1arabbelfast View Post
    Yes, it was a surprise to discover that we haven't improved one iota since last season.

The difference is that were not going to get the luck we did last year.
    Fair point.

What's troubling me though is... I rate most of the players we are playing, and the back-up is far from shabby.

We have upgraded every season now for a good few years , yet we still can't seem to get a decent blend.

Is it the players? Is it what they are being asked to do? I honestly have no idea. But............. The players we have, whether it be experience, youth, skill etc are far better (IMO obvs) than most of the teams we struggle to match.

No matter what we think about our last few managers, the team still seems to lack something. I have no idea what is missing. It isn't another forward, or a defensive mid , or another centre back/full back for cover. (although , I'd take them)

The enigma that is Dundee United continues. Hopefully JR can see something I can't and is quietly working things out.

PS: Enjoy The Dam, all you travelers, (lucky currants) have a great time, and fingers crossed, we can raise the level again.

For me, it was one game after a monumental effort in Europe in midweek. I expect similar at Tynecastle on Sunday.

We got two great results against the Zombies, 3 days after they played in Europe last year. It happens to every team. Not just us.

I won't be jumping on the 'nothing has improved' bandwagon until we are in full league mode.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    For me, it was one game after a monumental effort in Europe in midweek. I expect similar at Tynecastle on Sunday.

We got two great results against the Zombies, 3 days after they played in Europe last year. It happens to every team. Not just us.

I won't be jumping on the 'nothing has improved' bandwagon until we are in full league mode.
    Thing is though that should we somehow pull it off and qualify for the group stages, then we’re gonna have a helluva lot of Sunday/Thursday/Sunday to deal with. We need to get the finger out and deal with it. Hearts away on Sunday is not one I’m currently looking forward to frankly……………..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)