+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hotter, dryer summer than usual, so what about a colder, wetter winter in Cumbria?

Hotter, dryer summer than usual, so what about a colder, wetter winter in Cumbria?

Given the club's extremely fragile financial state, we could do without Brunton Park being flooded. I wonder if measures are being taken to mitigate flood damage and to keep records in a safe place if they are solely on paper, which they should not be.

Records should be backed up at least daily to a remote server. I don’t think there’s much of value at ground floor level any more other than the pitch which will be ruined if it floods again. As will our finances. There’d better be a plan B.

There's no correct answer to this. Let's suppose that between now and November 1921 spends £50,000 on measures that, in the event of a substantial flood, will save £200,000 of problems. In the event of such a flood occurring that is money well spent. If no such flood occurs that is a waste of £50,000 that we desperately cannot afford.

NC spends the £50,000 on flood mitigation and the flood does not happen - he gets well criticized because that is simply £50,000 lost for nothing.

NC does not spend the £50,000 on flood mitigation and the flood does happen - he gets well criticized because that is negligence to the negative value of £200,000.

1921 has to learn from last winter, indeed it should have learned at the outset of last winter's frozen pitch problems. We are told that all methods of curing the frozen pitch problem were considered but I think that not quite all were considered.

For all the games that were postponed three-quarters of the pitch was playable. The quarter of the pitch in the shadow of the Warwick Road end roof was frozen to the degree that it was unplayable.

For me it was easy to find a company in Penrith that rents out hot air blowers from domestic property size to heavy industrial size. For a Saturday match the club could actually wait until that quarter of the pitch had frozen at some time on the Friday and then get these hot air blowers hired for a day. Try to do a deal with the company in a way that involves advertising and mentioning in the media how the match was saved.
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 06-08-2022 at 10:30 AM.

https://www.andrews-sykes.com/locations/penrith/

I have emailed the company, stating the problem that it could address and I have given the contact details of the Chief Executive, Carlisle United (1921) Limited.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)