+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today's match build up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Today's match build up

So today's the day guys we finally have our beloved Saturdays back. What's everyone's thoughts on today's game. Result, starting lineup etc?
    I think it will be a tough game and think Forest have made some good signings. That being said they have signed a lot of players and it could we'll take time for them to really gel. I'm hoping for a big performance and a 3-1 win is what I'm going for. As far as lineups are concerned I think we will go with.
    Pope
    Trips Lascelles Botman Targett
    Willock Bruno Jolo
    Miggy Wilson Maxi
    I'm hoping Elliot Anderson get some time coming off the bench as I think he could really make a name for himself this season if he gets some decent game time.
    Can't wait for kickoff.
    HWTL

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    So today's the day guys we finally have our beloved Saturdays back. What's everyone's thoughts on today's game. Result, starting lineup etc?
    I think it will be a tough game and think Forest have made some good signings. That being said they have signed a lot of players and it could we'll take time for them to really gel. I'm hoping for a big performance and a 3-1 win is what I'm going for. As far as lineups are concerned I think we will go with.
    Pope
    Trips Lascelles Botman Targett
    Willock Bruno Jolo
    Miggy Wilson Maxi
    I'm hoping Elliot Anderson get some time coming off the bench as I think he could really make a name for himself this season if he gets some decent game time.
    Can't wait for kickoff.
    HWTL
    i have a full day of football and drinking planned.
    Forest will be at us from the whistle, no doubt hoping to frustrate the fans. I think they will run out of steam and we will hit them on the counter attack

The team i think he will play

Pope
    Trippier Lascelles Botman Targett
    Bruno Longstaff Joelinton
    Miggy Wilson Maxi

Lascelles can’t start surely. I’d rather go with Burn and Schär if Eddie wants a big man paired with a silky ball playing CB. Schär and Botman the preferred pairing though.

Can see us winning 3-1. After a frantic first half we will stamp our class on the game in the second. Bruno to pull the strings.

PS. First time i’ve visited this site in years. What a downgrade on the old version. No wonder the forum seems quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    Lascelles can’t start surely. I’d rather go with Burn and Schär if Eddie wants a big man paired with a silky ball playing CB. Schär and Botman the preferred pairing though.

Can see us winning 3-1. After a frantic first half we will stamp our class on the game in the second. Bruno to pull the strings.

PS. First time i’ve visited this site in years. What a downgrade on the old version. No wonder the forum seems quiet.
    I've just got a feeling Howe might see if his captain can hit the ground running this season. I don't mind who he chooses at the back as I trust in what he's seen through pre season. If lascelles does start I hope he has a big game against his former club and starts the season on a real high. That way he might crack on and start proving some of the doubters including myself wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    i have a full day of football and drinking planned.
    Sounds like a good day to me and one a bit like myself. I'm popping to my old man's with my 8 month old son to watch the game, all with our new matching home shirts on. I'll be getting a case of beer on the way there and my mum will take over with the lad once I've had one to many haha.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post

Great to see you back on, man.

I'm starting my holiday over in the Lakes today so I'll have to watch it on Match of the Day. I'd like to think we can continue from our post-Christmas run of form and, particularly, the way we played when Wilson was back. Should be enough but Forest have a very good coach and will be determined to mark their return with a performance that makes a statement.

Just hope big Joe puts Colback (if he plays) into the stands 😡😡

The build up was absolutely unreal. Wor Flags take a bow.
    The result was canny as well like.

Wor Flags have been sensational. I think they're the reason lots of other clubs have started upping their game in terms of pre-game displays.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)