+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All our ex players are now good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post

The fact that so many players are regarded as PL quality tells you something about how it was under Dyche.
    Every single player in our squad was up for sale or shipped out this summer, every single one, no exceptions. No sensible offer would have been refused for any of them. Just 7 have been signed by PL clubs, which tells you how many PL players we had in our squad last season......SEVEN. Which just illustrates what was obvious to even Stan's blind man on his galloping horse, that the playing side had been so starved of funds and run down that it was no longer fit for purpose in the PL.

That we survived the previous two seasons was miraculous, last season was the inevitable outcome of three years of Garlick stuffing £50 million into the bank instead of using it to refresh the squad. If you think that a different manager, playing pretty football, giving our academy kids a few game and making astute substitutions would have saved us when we had just SEVEN players of PL quality, I respectfully disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Was it also not the case with Gibson, that after a disagreement with Dyche, was was virtually banished from the first team squad.
    There was no disagreement as such, he was 'banished' because of his appalling, disgraceful behaviour at a club social event.

I’ve heard Gibson acted badly before, but I don’t know what he did. I’ve also heard Ings said something after signing with Liverpool, but don’t know what that was either. Anyone who can enlighten me or just spread some rumors??

I did hear Bamford talk of a disagreement with Dyche and that Dyche just asked him who followed him to the club on the first day, of which Bamford replied his mom and dad, and Dyche said something like “well there you go then” and walked off something along those lines, don’t recall if that was exactly what Bamford said. It doesn’t quite add up with Dyche talking about how he valued his players opinions... but Bamford wasn’t really his player, so might still be true

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    I’ve heard Gibson acted badly before, but I don’t know what he did. I’ve also heard Ings said something after signing with Liverpool, but don’t know what that was either. Anyone who can enlighten me or just spread some rumors??

I did hear Bamford talk of a disagreement with Dyche and that Dyche just asked him who followed him to the club on the first day, of which Bamford replied his mom and dad, and Dyche said something like “well there you go then” and walked off something along those lines, don’t recall if that was exactly what Bamford said. It doesn’t quite add up with Dyche talking about how he valued his players opinions... but Bamford wasn’t really his player, so might still be true
    I believe Ings made some derogatory remarks about the treatment he'd received at Burnley when he was out injured. This obviously didn't go down too well the staff at Gawthorpe, especially our physios.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Seven of last season's squad have been signed by PL teams, the rest are now plying their trade at a lower level, not wanted by PL clubs. You need a squad of at least 15/16 PL players, possibly more, to survive at that level, which leaves last season's squad a good 8/9 players short 0f the quality required, which we all knew. Which is why we were relegated, all entirely predictable, and indeed predicted by many on here.

I would humbly suggest, with all due respect of course, that anyone who thinks we were relegated because of Sean Dyche and hoofball needs to give their head a wobble.
    Even after giving my head a wobble Sinkov, I am still of the opinion that it was Dyche's stubborn attitude to both our style of play, under using substitutions and not giving younger player an opportunity.

I do agree hat some of our first team player were not up to EPL standard but most of those were either purchased or supported by Dyche, Dale Stephens being a typical example.

For all of the excitement about the new signings Roberts, Taylor, Cork and Brownhill still look the real deal to me. TBH and Maatsen are wonderful prospects, I hope plans are in progress to make the loans permanent, that really would be a statement of intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I do agree hat some of our first team player were not up to EPL standard but most of those were either purchased or supported by Dyche, Dale Stephens being a typical example.
    Dyche is continually getting the Stephens signing thrown at him. Certainly he was a waste of time and a waste of the few bob we spent on him. But does anyone seriously believe that, if just half of the money Garlick had stashed away to line his own pockets, had been given to Dyche, he would have been even remotely interested in signing Stephens ? Seriously ?

I sometimes think Sean had had enough of Garlick by then, and was actually taking the piss, 'Give me peanuts and I'll sign you monkeys' sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Dyche is continually getting the Stephens signing thrown at him. Certainly he was a waste of time and a waste of the few bob we spent on him. But does anyone seriously believe that, if just half of the money Garlick had stashed away to line his own pockets, had been given to Dyche, he would have been even remotely interested in signing Stephens ? Seriously ?

I sometimes think Sean had had enough of Garlick by then, and was actually taking the piss, 'Give me peanuts and I'll sign you monkeys' sort of thing.
    It makes you wonder sinkov, because despite the bit of flak Dyche gets on here on occasions he was nobody's stooge or fool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)