+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 06/08/22 [NL]

⚽ Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 06/08/22 [NL]

Finally! The new season is here and hope rises yet again, ready to be dashed at will by Fate's cruel twists and turns.

Name:  2.68053340.jpg
Views: 2184
Size:  18.4 KB

The Mighty Pies have significant changes to personnel under new Head Coach Luke Williams and Assistant Ryan Harley. It would seem from pre-season that we'll also have a more intense approach to the game. Fingers crossed it is entertaining AND winning.

With 6 new signings and the departures of Cal Roberts to the SPL and Kyle Wootton to the EFL it will be interesting to see who lines up to start this first fixture against fellow Magpies Maidenhead United.

Team news is expected at 2:00pm and if you're not able to be at the Lane you can tune in to the inimitable Charlie and Stall on BBC Radio Nottingham online here

COYP!

P.S. It would be great if someone can post the team sheet graphic at 2:00pm as I'll be in a bl**dy Zoom meeting at the time as usual
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-08-2022 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added match ball icon to title

Good luck boys. Hopefully a big first day following. I’ll be listening in from SkegVegas

Come on you pies!!!!

COYP - 53 years and counting and many many ups and downs but still get excited and nervous at the start of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    COYP - 53 years and counting and many many ups and downs but still get excited and nervous at the start of a season.
    Not as many years as you, but I'm the same in terms of the buzz and excitement of a new season.

I wonder what creative ways the football gods will come up with to make things fall apart this time? Surely they're running out of ideas?

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 2126
Size:  23.6 KB

Interesting first team there.
    Can’t get to the Lane as we’re on hols, but will be listening and keeping everything crossed!

Strong line up, happy with that. Anyone else struggling to get the online coverage? I'm in a ferry on way back to blighty

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Strong line up, happy with that. Anyone else struggling to get the online coverage? I'm in a ferry on way back to blighty
    Probably all about Forest until 3pm anyway.

I don't think it will swap to the internet until 3pm like it did with DAB so you need to tune into the radio.

I'm being asked to sign in to listen, so I'm out.

To be honest, I'm feeling like I just want to skip the whole season and go straight to the play offs, which Notts will inevitably end up in. It's not being pessimistic to expect your team to end up in the top 7, but life in the NL is now beginning to resemble watching highlights on MOTD when you already know the result. This is as predictable as I've ever known football-Notts to be.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast