+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 06/08/22 [NL]

They might well be offended by the hapless defending the tippy tappers perform in the last minute of play off games! Not that I bear a grudge or anything. Good luck to Burch, unlikely our paths will cross for a very long time. A bit like his wing backs.

I know I'm biased but Ruben's part in that first goal is absolutely sublime. The way he opens up and turns when he receives the ball to open up space, the beautiful delayed pass to JOB for the nice one-two and then the nicely weighted accurate through ball to the goalscorer are all class. A joy to watch last season, and started the same this time around.

Great also to see JOB involved in two of the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    They might well be offended by the hapless defending the tippy tappers perform in the last minute of play off games! Not that I bear a grudge or anything. Good luck to Burch, unlikely our paths will cross for a very long time. A bit like his wing backs.
    that's more like it Woody at this pop had some accuracy.

Who knows some younger FGR supporters may have never seen, endured hoof ball with a midfield totally bypassed. The lucky little s0ds , they've had a lifetime of passing football on the deck and not aimless punts to the big lad and feeding off the scraps. They will probably give IB the benefit of the doubt.

Plus who knows he could be sacked before Xmas and back at NL level for the second half of this season?

Woodypie, I bet you are a scream at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I know I'm biased but Ruben's part in that first goal is absolutely sublime. The way he opens up and turns when he receives the ball to open up space, the beautiful delayed pass to JOB for the nice one-two and then the nicely weighted accurate through ball to the goalscorer are all class. A joy to watch last season, and started the same this time around.

Great also to see JOB involved in two of the goals.
    Top post.
    And all of that skill is what opened the game up (the first goal is always the most important). In English football, outside of the Championship, there might not be a better player for creative assists like that.
    The exciting thing is that this season we have an in-behind threat this season who lives for service like that. We probably still haven't seen the best of Ruben yet.

And yeah, JOB's two first time lay-offs were beautiful

Another fantastic sign is Langstaff's 2nd touch for his 2nd goal. That was using your head in a melee of action, many strikers would've panicked and just snatched at a shot.
    Bit of a stretch, but along the lines of this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJVFbMwgw1c

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Top post.
    And all of that skill is what opened the game up (the first goal is always the most important). In English football, outside of the Championship, there might not be a better player for creative assists like that.
    The exciting thing is that this season we have an in-behind threat this season who lives for service like that. We probably still haven't seen the best of Ruben yet.

Another fantastic sign is Langstaff's 2nd touch for his 2nd goal. That was using your head in a melee of action, many strikers would've panicked and just snatched at a shot.
    Bit of a stretch, but along the lines of this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJVFbMwgw1c
    A slow motion of Langstaffs goal, awesome bit of play...

https://fb.watch/eMXjtW9kkz/

Top post.
    The exciting thing is that this season we have an in-behind threat this season who lives for service like that. We probably still haven't seen the best of Ruben yet....
    I need to rightly return the compliment, as the above is an excellent point.

Although Ruben and others benefited from Wootton's hold up play we didn't offer an in-behind threat as mentioned. This meant the area Rubes operated in often became congested and a little claustrophobic for our Portuguese Wonder.

With Langstaff's attributes and in-behind threat he can stretch the pitch and open up more space for Rodriques to do his stuff. I can foresee plenty of man marking assignments and the occasional doubling up on him this season.

For all the people who took a fair while to spot his obvious talent I would encourage them to watch that first goal and his ***** contribution a few times.

He does such great work as deep as just inside his half/and around the half way line that often goes unnoticed due to the distance from the goal. This was on display from day one when watching live online streams.

Not only does he score and assist a plenty he also starts so many attacks from deep areas. The added bonus unlike most flair players he's got strength and that prevents him losing possession often like so many.

It's very close to a man crush on Bartosz levels , not quite but close.

Identical, apparently.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1556630195892850689

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Some think he was trying to cushion the ball for himself but the touches were too heavy

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast