+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Horse racing itv 7 selector..

O/T Horse racing itv 7 selector..

With all the so called know it all”s about horses on here ,but don’t know the real stuff.if there is enough interest I will set up a league and we will see who is the king of the sport of kings..

It’s itv 7 simple sign up.(connected with sky 6 if you already do that.).In short mainly on a Saturday and sometimes in week they put 7 races up for you to try to pick the winner and you will get points based on the results…if too little or no interest I won’t bother..

I'm not wasting my racing knowledge on flat racing. Not interested. ITV racing one of main presenters Francesca Cummani she's brought up on flat racing I don't mind that just either get someone like Tanya Stevenson in for jumps or let BBC have jump racing with different presenters who know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I'm not wasting my racing knowledge on flat racing. Not interested. ITV racing one of main presenters Francesca Cummani she's brought up on flat racing I don't mind that just either get someone like Tanya Stevenson in for jumps or let BBC have jump racing with different presenters who know about it.
    Probably wasting what little knowledge I have but the ITV7 covers flat racing during the flat season and the jumps the rest of the time.
    I’ve been doing it a few years, it’s free and a bit if fun and you could win yourself a tidy sum if you can pick all 7.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Probably wasting what little knowledge I have but the ITV7 covers flat racing during the flat season and the jumps the rest of the time.
    I’ve been doing it a few years, it’s free and a bit if fun and you could win yourself a tidy sum if you can pick all 7.

I'd never win that I go on form. I'm not knocking anyone who prefers flat racing just when I used to go racing went to both codes I found NH racing more exciting & if your gambling regular easier to find winners. It is fun ITV coverage but I can remember Tanya Stevenson from CH4 racing not a bad tipster.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    There is more free to air horse racing on itv than there as ever been and loads more than there was on channel 4 and certainly more than bbc and you want it to go to bbc…

Do places still have horse racing 'nights' where they used sealed pre-recorded VHS tapes (usually of US races with a standard 8 runners) and people bet on them? I guess if they do they will have moved on from VHS

I remember they used to have them at Butlins and attended one at Minehead c1982. I think I backed a loser in all races. I guess they are not for the 'pure' horseracing fans as there's no form to study.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Do places still have horse racing 'nights' where they used sealed pre-recorded VHS tapes (usually of US races with a standard 8 runners) and people bet on them? I guess if they do they will have moved on from VHS

I remember they used to have them at Butlins and attended one at Minehead c1982. I think I backed a loser in all races. I guess they are not for the 'pure' horseracing fans as there's no form to study.
    It was banned because the Irish punters were losing money on the action replays

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

Gru was in crowd when they filmed them but still didn’t get the winner right when they played the tape back..🤣..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    With all the so called know it all”s about horses on here ,but don’t know the real stuff.if there is enough interest I will set up a league and we will see who is the king of the sport of kings..

It’s itv 7 simple sign up.(connected with sky 6 if you already do that.).In short mainly on a Saturday and sometimes in week they put 7 races up for you to try to pick the winner and you will get points based on the results…if too little or no interest I won’t bother..
    Clarkey I’m no gru but count me in pal

William Haggis would you say not a bad flat trainer wants meetings reduced by 300 think he means in a season. Not sure if he just means flat meetings. Far too much racing in the summer punters only have so much money for gambling on the horses. This league idea why? All-weather racing was started for when winter jump racing was called off now it's on all year round. I'm a jump racing fan but the idea of making the Cheltenham festival 5 days no leave well alone. I agree with Haggis but will anything change?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast