+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Leeds United - v - Wolverhampton Wanderers ***Matchday Thread***

Have mentioned this on here but worth repeating. Tyler Adams and Aaronson are the backbone of the US national team. Together with Christian Pulisic they are the best American players. Importantly, Adams and Aaronson have played together several times on the national team. So when Orta got them, we were getting 2 players who were not just decent players but had an understanding. I have scoured all the english punditry but I have not read anything that points out this rather simple fact. Seems to have been overlooked. I guess pundits don't think its important because many players from the same club play on national teams. But this is different because they played on the national teams first and both join up at club level at the same time. Dont think that's too common.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Have mentioned this on here but worth repeating. Tyler Adams and Aaronson are the backbone of the US national team. Together with Christian Pulisic they are the best American players. Importantly, Adams and Aaronson have played together several times on the national team. So when Orta got them, we were getting 2 players who were not just decent players but had an understanding. I have scoured all the english punditry but I have not read anything that points out this rather simple fact. Seems to have been overlooked. I guess pundits don't think its important because many players from the same club play on national teams. But this is different because they played on the national teams first and both join up at club level at the same time. Dont think that's too common.
    Followed Adams for a while and said a few seasons back he was the sort of player we should be looking at.

He seems to have the full package - only question mark is his injury record - think he has ACL issues.

Aaronsonon didn’t know as well but a lot of pundits rate him and he has looked incredible for us so far and can only get better.

One of those players that seem to be constantly involved in the game.

Really like the look of Rasmus too - good going forward and looks solid at the back - the tackle he made at the end of the game was great - Ayling may struggle to get his spot back.

Rock also seemed tidy too.

Realise we need to give them a few more games and to see how they got in against an Arsenal or Spuds but signs so far promising.

We also looked like we understand the attacking system on the pitch better - Harrison seems to suit it a lot. Great ball at the end for Bambi - anywhere but at the keeper and he must score.

Very early days but promising signs just need to back it but vs Soton now.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)