+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newcastle vs Forest Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Great solid performance again well done everyone.
    Yes we were convincing. I’m surprised how fit and sharp we looked. Could’ve been 4 or 5 nil with a bit of luck.
    The only 2 slight negatives for me (easy to fix?) is Wilson looked half a yard off the pace and Miggy’s decision making, especially not shooting enough. Perhaps nerves as he had no such problem in the pre season.

……and ‘let’s go baby’ did F all.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Yes we were convincing. I’m surprised how fit and sharp we looked. Could’ve been 4 or 5 nil with a bit of luck.
    The see only 2 slight negatives for me (easy to fix?) is Wilson looked half a yard off the pace and Miggy’s decision making, especially not shooting enough. Perhaps nerves as he had no such problem in the pre season.
    Agree with with the Wilson bit but I think Might was one of our best players today. Caused constant problems with his runs and was unlucky to not get a goal.

I know it's only Forest but that display was really impressive. We were looking to attack at every opportunity and completely dominated possession. We looked fit and sharp (except maybe Wilson at times) and seem to have picked up where we left off last season. Bit of a difference to watching Bruce's plodders this time last year sat on the edge of our box

Bring on Brighton next Saturday!

It looked like football as it's nice to see - attacking and relentless.

If we can just get another striker it would settle alot of my nerves, Wilson won't last a full season I suspect.

We looked really solid at the back though, Burn and Schar picked straight up where they were.

Can't wait to see Botman though.

MOTD for me today as I got a flat tyre just before kick off and RAC turned up after 6, looking forward to it tho, 4th in the table

Great start! Guimares is special man.

Another great EH coached performance. That Schar goal, wow, fk me and another cleanie. I could see the players were motivated and definately the flags and atmosphere must have helped. Spectacular.

Hopefully thats the performance benchmark now. I forgot Colback was still playing lol.

A great start to the season!

I know some people have said “only Forest” and know it wasn’t meant in a bad way, but it’s the teams that just come up that often throw up the surprises at the start of the season till teams get a handle on their style (e.g. Fulham v Liverpool) but we biased that game from start to finish, and hopefully that sets the bar for effort and approach for the rest of the season.

Thought Maxi showed a lot of improved awareness, cutting the ball across to the centre sooner when he previously would have taken a few more touches and ended up with fewer options.

Wilson needs to be involved in the game a bit more.

Miggy… well I had hoped that his pre-season form might translate to the Prem but it seemed to be carrying on from last season… not shooting soon enough and leaving himself no angle, or passing it off when he was in a decent position to shoot. Been a critic of him for a while, think he’s earned time with his good pre-season performances, but he has to turn that into end product (goals or assist) because Schar now has more goals than he has in fewer games after his stunner yesterday.

Great result, a clean sheet, and a dominating performance with bucketfuls of good chances… need a cutting edge up front, but a brilliant start to the season.

One thing I did think… if you were a striker or attacking player and you see that match and how many chances we created… moving to that team’s got to be an attractive option right? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    A great start to the season!

I know some people have said “only Forest” and know it wasn’t meant in a bad way, but it’s the teams that just come up that often throw up the surprises at the start of the season till teams get a handle on their style (e.g. Fulham v Liverpool) but we biased that game from start to finish, and hopefully that sets the bar for effort and approach for the rest of the season.

Thought Maxi showed a lot of improved awareness, cutting the ball across to the centre sooner when he previously would have taken a few more touches and ended up with fewer options.

Wilson needs to be involved in the game a bit more.

Miggy… well I had hoped that his pre-season form might translate to the Prem but it seemed to be carrying on from last season… not shooting soon enough and leaving himself no angle, or passing it off when he was in a decent position to shoot. Been a critic of him for a while, think he’s earned time with his good pre-season performances, but he has to turn that into end product (goals or assist) because Schar now has more goals than he has in fewer games after his stunner yesterday.

Great result, a clean sheet, and a dominating performance with bucketfuls of good chances… need a cutting edge up front, but a brilliant start to the season.

One thing I did think… if you were a striker or attacking player and you see that match and how many chances we created… moving to that team’s got to be an attractive option right? 😁
    Very true - the way Maxi played first half he would create chances for a striker against any opposition.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)