+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leeds v Wolves Matchday Thread

I realise it's the first game of the season but we are being torn a new one here.

Leeds look far fitter and our passing is shocking.

If I had a pound for every time RAN lost the ball in the first half I'd have well, about ten quid.

I think you are right Sausage, we are decidedly second best at the break. We need to sharpen our act in the second half if we are serious about getting something from this, but there's still a long way to go yet, so COYW.

It’s disappointing because if we could just not turn the ball over, find the release and there’s goals to be had on the counter. Leeds look vulnerable in their own box

Wolves possessing better this half but still playing with fire in their own box

Another turnover, another goal.

2-1

Wolves lose 2-1

Had the bulk of possession, had the better chances. Had too many passes right to Leeds, particularly in the first half. Better xG than Leeds and still lost - same story as last year with no ruthlessness in the box

Following a marked improvement after the break, Wolves looked a good chance to go home with all the points, but Leeds managed to keep it together and eventually fortune rewarded them with another goal that secured the points. Not the start we would have liked, but I'm sure we can, and will, get better.

Neto looked good. His pace is back and he will create chances.

Hwang tried hard and nearly scored a Gascoigne '96 goal.

MGW looked comfortable and Podence was good.

So many good forwards but no clinical finishers.

We huffed and puffed but couldn't blow the Leeds house down.

Our diminished squad was exemplified by the quality of our bench! Embarrassing. How we have been allowed to get into this situation is bordering on criminal.

I lay the blame firmly at the feet of Jeff Shi. All the footballing men we had on the board 4 seasons ago have all gone. Shi has surrounded himself with 'yes men'! Scott Sellars make Jez Moxey look like a God send! It's a ****** joke! But What do you expect when Shi cares more for ESports and music production. For him, and possibly Fosun it's all about the image of the Wolf and milking it at the expense of what really matters to us...the football!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)