+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New boys

New boys

Been really impressed with the signings this season, I though Sibbald was going to be a squad player, however, he looks very much a starter on showings so far.

The goal on Thu was brilliant but special mention to Birighitti for his role in it, much quicker than Benji at moving the ball out and think we'll score a few on the break because of that this year

Also refreshing to see a player being kept upfield when defending corners

Sibbald has well & truly shut my puss.

Can't wait to see Behich. Hopefully his permit complication gets sorted out ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by edinarab View Post
    Been really impressed with the signings this season, I though Sibbald was going to be a squad player, however, he looks very much a starter on showings so far.

The goal on Thu was brilliant but special mention to Birighitti for his role in it, much quicker than Benji at moving the ball out and think we'll score a few on the break because of that this year

Also refreshing to see a player being kept upfield when defending corners
    I was of the same thinking re Sibbald but he's been very good and the new goalie has a bit of the Mad Monk aboot him but Fletcher stands out for me so far,what a football brain that guy has and was really surprised his oldish legs lasted so long on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I was of the same thinking re Sibbald but he's been very good and the new goalie has a bit of the Mad Monk aboot him but Fletcher stands out for me so far,what a football brain that guy has and was really surprised his oldish legs lasted so long on Thursday.
    Fletcher's gonna be a massive player for us. I think he won every header he went for on Thursday night? We've missed that focal point up front so badly the last few years.

Just a quick point about the goal on Thursday. Summer signing Birighitti rolls the ball to summer signing Levitt (I know he was on loan but is now a permanent signing), who then passes to summer signing Middleton, who plays a quick one two with summer on loan signing McGrath before Middleton scores. A decent bit of transfer window by United.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    Just a quick point about the goal on Thursday. Summer signing Birighitti rolls the ball to summer signing Levitt (I know he was on loan but is now a permanent signing), who then passes to summer signing Middleton, who plays a quick one two with summer on loan signing McGrath before Middleton scores. A decent bit of transfer window by United.
    Best window in a long, long time. Our first choice eleven is good enough to challenge 3rd imo. Whether we have the strength in depth to back that up is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Fletcher's gonna be a massive player for us. I think he won every header he went for on Thursday night? We've missed that focal point up front so badly the last few years.
    Fletcher was superb on Thursday not only winning just about all headers he went for it was where his headers went to , either side for supporting player or knock down for midfielder to get onto .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)